Tuesday, 27 April 2010

And we're off.....




Today's the day! If you're reading this post, then the first issue of Fat Quarterly is now available for purchase. The six of us have been waiting for this day for months, and we are so excited to share our labour of love with all of you.

What's in store in Issue #1? Here's what you can expect:
Six original project patterns -- one from each of us -- including four all-new quilt patterns, a stunning pillow pattern, and a pattern for a fast & fun table runner
Interviews with some of today's hottest fabric designers dishing about their new & upcoming lines, including Lizzy House, Laurie Wisbrun, Cosmo Cricket, Mo Bedell, and more
Reviews of two new quilting books and a chance to win them both
An interview with Ingrid Press, the designer of the little house quilt that took Flickr by storm
An inside look at Quilts: 1700-2010, an exhibit on display at London's Victoria & Albert Museum
... and more!
You have two options for purchasing Fat Quarterly. The first (and easiest) way to purchase an issue for yourself is to simply visit the BUY section of our site. If you are interested in buying an issue or subscription as a gift for someone else, visit our etsy shop and complete your purchase over there.

Thanks for all of your interest in and excitement about Fat Quarterly over the past few weeks. We hope we can exceed all of your expectations with our first issue. And, of course, we want to hear what you think. Please comment on the blog, give us a shout on Twitter, or email us at customerservice@fatquarterly.com.

Our original idea was that we felt people like us weren't wholly represented in the magazines available. There are lots of beautiful mags about, but where was the magazine that represented the flickr groups we hang out in, the blogs we visit each day? We wanted something modern, but with patterns aimed at our levels, and perfectly do-able for the beginner quilter, yet not too dull for the more advanced quilter. You have to remember the magazine is for YOU, so if you have something you'd like to see, a designer you'd like to know more about, any ideas on how we can make FQ better then let us know. We're nothing without you. And with your input, and your feedback we can grow to give you even more value for money.

To those of you that have already bought issues (and subscriptions!) - thank you from the very bottom of our hearts. You cannot know how much it means to all of us that you would part with money that is even more precious at this time, with the economy being the way it is.

15 comments:

Purple Paisley Patch said...

Congrats Katy! How excitement, I'm off to buy my copy now!
Hugs
Kelly :-)

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

Just bought my copy, it's awesome! congratulations on a great first issue!

Rafael's Mum said...

Just bought my copy and flew through to your review of the V&A. It is becoming clear to me I missed a lot and will have to go back!! What a wonderful piece of writing! You should be a journalist or writer! Really impressive, I enjoyed reading it! Lovely first issue overal too and jampacked... will need a bit of time to read it all! it was lovely meeting you, thanks for the warm welcome!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh Katy, I am off to get it !!! How exciting!~!

Anina said...

Congrats Katy (and friends). I hope this venture is very successful.

moira said...

I am loving your work :)

alobsiger said...

The e-zine is truly fantastic!!! I need to spend some more time with it now having completed some of my nose to the grindstone work for the day. It's WONDERFUL!!!!! CongratS!

Make Do & Mend said...

I have my feet up with a cup of tea and the kids packed off to bed - am LOVING the mag, spot on! Will be signing up for the yearly subscription next quarter. Love it.

Miaou said...

Oooooh wonderful mag - sounds brilliant!

Dragonfly said...

I've just bought my subscription - I've been waiting patiently for it come round!
Now I can't wait for my email so I can see what it's all about!
It sounds fab.

dmarie@thistlehillfabrics said...

Oh!! it sounds so good! I don't have mine yet!
waaahh!

My fault, though. Running around too much. It sounds fantastic!

Marit said...

Congratulations, Kate! I love reading the first issue of FQ- and look forward to spend more time reading interviews and your V&A review. This is such a great enterprise - best of luck for the future!!

Jeannie said...

Just got my copy and very happy with it!!

monda-loves said...

I got it yesterday! Tres exciting :o)
I haven't had a moment to read it yet but I did print it so I can read it in bed!

Monda
x

jillytacy said...

Wow, how exciting! Congratulations! What a great idea!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!