Thursday, 29 April 2010

what a week!

Wow - I think I can safely say on behalf of all of us over at FQ that we were completely taken by surprise by how busy we were on Tuesday for launch day. Amazing! And the sales are still coming in! So a HUGE thank you to everyone that has already bought a copy of Issue 1, to the people that have enough faith in us from the very offset to buy a subscription and to those of you that have emailed and given us feedback - a really huge thanks. We can't do the mag without you, and your input is totally what we want to hear.
How can we make things better? (we have had a couple of problems with image resolution - working on that for next time, and some of the links - this should be sorted now). There's a thread over in the flickr group where you can give us ideas for what you'd like to see in future issues. Many of the ideas we already had planned, which is great - makes us believe we're on the right tracks, but your ideas are priceless and very much appreciated. So keep 'em coming!

Now that the dust has settled a little bit I'm hoping to get some of these WIPS quilted and finished......



and spending some more time with these....



as well as working on content for issue 2 of Fat Quarterly (out in July). Keep your eyes peeled for sneaky peeks.!

12 comments:

trash said...

I bought my copy this morning. Haven'thad a chance to read it yet what with being all busy going to the Australian Quilt Convention and all .....

alobsiger said...

Yep, the first FQ issue is great. Now what do you have for us?!?! ;-) It's a neverending fun merry go round now. Always on the hunt, always making plans. But I hope it continues to be a blast because I think the first issue is brilliant! Now get to work. ;-)

Cathy said...

Fabulous Katy, I'm having a proper sit down with my copy tomorrow, but what i've seen so far is sooo good! I'm always up for more inspiration xo

sewkatiedid said...

Oh, must go get one! I thought you were mighty quiet! Congrats!

Meg said...

Hi Katy, I've been reading through my copy in the evenings, and it's wonderful! My only suggestion, thus far, is to skip the yellow font in future issues--it's really tough to distinguish from the white background.

(ps--if y'all ever need an editor, hit me up!)

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Katy, Loved every page of it, so much that I will read it over and over again. Hurry up next issue!!!

Beth said...

Congrats! It's amazing!

Poppyprint said...

Love it! Especially the thorough instructions for each project. I was shocked to see how much content you'd all pulled together - amazing. I'd love some reviews/interviews with people committed to using organic fabrics for their lines in future. I agree with above, the yellow font on white background was a tough read (minor detail, tho). FQly is an impressive feat - way to go!!!

Kritta22 said...

I'm co-hosting a bee and was wondering if you, or knew anyone, thats interested??
Send them my way at Kritta22@hotmail.com

thanks a bunch!

One Flew Over said...

Check out your hangers of WIP - so much goodness there!

Blueberry Park said...

You've all done an amazing job, Katy. I'm just printing off my mighty 70 odd pages as we speak, and can't wait to read it fully in the car on the way down to London tonight ;-)

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

You've got your work cut out for you with a lot of quilting ahead. But think how much fun binding and looking at them will be.

For some reason I can't reply to you. It is the no reply blogger thing when I clic your name on my blog comments. Anyway, yes this fabric with the monkey on fire was given to me by my daughter as she had a bit left over. It is really funny isn't it. Unreal that someone would tell a fairy tale to a kid like that! Well I guess there are enough crazy fairy tales in English, too that we have. Such as Hansel and Gretel. Very grim. I do love the Japanese fabrics, they are everything from amazing to crazy.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!