Wednesday, 26 May 2010


I said I wouldn't start any new quilts. But I lied. This rainbow stack is getting snipped up....


and sewn back together again....



more sexy hexies are being prepared for holiday crafting....



It's that frantic last minute 'what have I forgotten' time before we go away on our holidays to sunny (please) California.

One thing that was forgotten was to renew Miss G's passport that had expired last year (oops). Thank heavens for the emergency service at the passport office. Possible major frik up averted. Now I just have to buy toiletries, sort out what we want to take, pack it all, and word up the house sitter to make sure all packages are kept safe. Better tidy up for the house sitter as well, hadn't I? Oops, add that to the list.

I've started the new quilt to try and convince myself that I'm not coming down with the flu virus the husband has had for the past week (and been bedridden with it too - something I seriously don't want right now, thank you). Keeping busy keeps me from sitting down and accepting the fact that I actually don't feel very well. No virus for me. No no no - not got the time, thanks. You will not get me to acknowledge you. I shan't. Mind over matter. Sometimes it works. That and a whole lot of caffeine and sugar.

Thank you all so much for the dresden plate love. She is a beauty, isn't she? All down to the quilting, I think. Got to love that Chris.
As for the binding, I've chosen a deep purpley maroon solid. I would take a picture, but I can't remember the safe place I put it. Hmm... It's a nice choice, I'll show you when I find it.

So I think that's it from me for a couple of weeks. I'll still be uploading to flickr so if you miss me (I know - you won't notice I've gone) then you can find me there.

See you in a couple of weeks - hopefully all bronzed and beautiful. And with a suitcase full of fabric ;)

24 comments:

Poppyprint said...

Don't worry about packing, they have everything in California (and it's cheap, cheap...especially fabric!) One trip to Target and you'll be all set. Rest up instead and kick that non-flu before you fly! Bon voyage and have a wonderful holiday!

Apryl said...

go to the jelly belly factory for the free tour and free jelly beans! the kids will love it. Bodega Bay is fab (I reccoment Portuguese beach), Sonoma is beautiful, and if you get the chance to go to Santa Rosa you must go to the Flying Goat Coffee shop in old rail road square) hope you have fun I shall be very jealous.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I agree with Poppyprint, buy it there! rest, rest, and you are right, keep saying I will not get sick, I will not get sick, Vit C and tons of water. even if you do get it the sun will bake it out in a day. have a wonderful time and yes, we will miss you!

Anonymous said...

Have you had chickenpox? My husband has been feeling flu-ey for days. The spots appeared today - most unexpected - chickenpox!
Molly.

Anita said...

It is still rainy in Northern California...

Andi said...

Have a great time.
Take lots of Vitamin C.
Shop til you drop!!!

two hippos said...

have a fabulous time!!

Meg said...

I'm with Poppyprint--bring an extra bag, just for yards of scrummy fabrics! But I hope you and the hubby both feel better soon--sick is no good!

alobsiger said...

I'll miss you here but you'll actually be, well, "here," but we won't see you because "here" is actually over there which is still pretty far away. Wave when you fly over then? Take good care and HAVE FUNNNNNNN!

amy smart said...

Oh, have a lovely holiday. (I love California.) I'm excited to hear all about it. Are you going to stock-up on fabric while you're over here? :)

tina said...

You're going to need to bring an empty suitcase!!! Hope to see you at Hart's!

Tina

One Flew Over said...

Start popping zinc tablets - mum sweras by them and she works in a pharmacy so..she should know, right?

Have a FABBO time, pop your feet up and enjoy the sunshine x

susan said...

i wish i lived closer to cali! i hope you have loads of lovely weather while you are there.
i take acidophilous every day and i think it keeps me from getting sick :o)

Rebecca Maples said...

Well I think we are going to be having some warm sunny wether in Cali, so you should be good to go. Hope you have a good vacation!

Cathy said...

We will be doing the last minute panic in 3 weeks time...I hope you stay well and healthy, get everything done and dusted, and have a FABULOUS time away, will miss you and can't wait to hear all about it when you return xo

comfortstitching said...

Everyone knows you can't get sick when you are hexing, so don't put them down and you'll be ok.

have fun and do leave some fabric in those shops for the locals.

23rdspiral said...

have a very happy holiday!

wishes, true and kind said...

Wishing you a fabulous vacation, a golden tan, and lots of gorgeous fabrics! Have fun!

picciolo said...

hey, I hope you have a great holiday, and that you feel better, gla you realised about the passport in time!
: )

quiltygal said...

Hope you have a great time Im with the others buy your toiletries there saves on weight more space for fabric on the way back too...

Diane said...

Yea for suitcases full of fabric! Enjoy your trip. West coast is supposed to start seeing the sun so it should be nice!

Valentina said...

Have a lovely holiday, and can't wait to see your sun-kissed hexies upon your return,
your new fellow 'charmer',
valentina in Cyprus

jillytacy said...

Have fun on the trip! Buying fabric is always fun and a vacation in the sun has to be great. And no you aren't getting sick, mind over matter plus the sugar and caffeine and you'll maintain perfect health.

joanie said...

Awww, you're off to my home state, wish you could pack me up too. Hope Northern California is on the list.
You're probably already gone. Enjoy!!!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive