Thursday, 20 May 2010

more lobster than monkey

The sun is continuing to shine in my little corner of the world.
Things I should have learned by now (being 35 yrs old)....
  • I am very pale skinned
  • pale skinned people burn in the sun
  • English sun is just as capable of burning as 'foreign' sun
  • sitting in one place for a couple of hours means only side will get tanned (or, more appropriately - burned)
  • factor 20 sun cream was a sensible purchase (if a little after the event)
On the positive side.....
  • spidey is now a little over halfway quilted
  • a birthday quilt for a friend's niece is finished
  • more sunshine is forecast (and sun cream has been purchased)
  • after sun lotion is lovely and soothing
  • the dresden plate is ready for collection from Chris
(I am a little obsessed with bullet points at the moment - I think it has something to do with the long list of things to do before I go on holiday next week)

pretty pics of the day....

Shauna's 18th birthday quilt.....

spidey....







10 comments:

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

ooh pretty birthday quilt.
ouch at sunburn - i like pure aloe vera for sunburn very soothing indeed {i also should know better about sunburn but being olive skinned i think i'm invincible}

Rachel said...

Ooh, snap, I got spectacularly burned yesterday while out on Joe's school trip! Thank heavens for aftersun. Pretty quilts!
R x

comfortstitching said...

Just hurrah up n- git on yr holidaze so i can come round an nick your spidey right off your mother in laws grassy lawns, you can leeve it right therre to meke me life a leetle easy eh, En I can treet mysel to a little swing while i is at it.

An no I have not been at the bubbly stuff.

Yours insincerely,
a misterious an honest theif????

Poppyprint said...

So, did those letters go on the b'day quilt before, or after the squares were sewn together? Quilting outdoors...how fun! Except for the burny bits - hope you heal up before you hit the foreign sun in CA!

Beth said...

Yay for sun block! Love that 18th birthday quilt!

trash said...

You need a REALLY big hat. Saw many fab ones while at home, had I been apprised of your need to roast your skin I could have purchased one for you.

Hope the arm is not too painful and that you get sufficient endorphin rush from seeing finished dresden alonside other fabulous finishes and near finishes that the pain stays numbed.



hahhaahahahahahaha - word ver. is 'unrested' Perhaps Blogger is aware of your plight?

Marit said...

... keeep posting process pics of your spidey, cause I'm in love...
; )

stacey said...

Spidey is amazing!

picciolo said...

gorgeous quilts Katy! I hope your redness has gone down now
: )

savvy stitch said...

Your spiderweb quilt is incredible

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!