Sunday, 2 May 2010

sunday stash



I obsess over large gingham prints to use for binding quilts. O B S E S S over them. They get me weirdly excited in a way that no other type of print can do. The ones on the right I've shown before, probably a good few times, but I don't think you can ever look at them often enough. If I ever run out of them I think I'll have a melt down, but fortunately I am pretty well stocked up. And now I think about it, I might stock up a little bit more, just in case one of you decides you'd better clear the shelves.
On the right Prairie Gothic by Jane Sassaman, on the left Fun with Feedsacks by P&B Textiles
You can find more stashes in the flickr group and if you really need to go and shop for some big fat checks you can find the feedsacks in fabricbee's etsy shop (search for buffalo check, she has the green and the blue for only $5.50 a yard) and the Jane Sassaman check is from Down Shadow Lane on etsy. ($6 a yard) Just don't buy it all, OK? Leave a bit for me.

6 comments:

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

I love checked fabric like this! Any gingham kind of fabric actually. :) Thanks for the shopping tips!

alobsiger said...

You have hit upon fabric that always make me weak in the knees. I love gingham. The bigger, the better. I want to marry it all.

Paloma said...

definetely there is something special about gigham, but that buffalo check is even better.

BLONDEDESIGN said...

Gingham is great, just so! matches country and costal stuff. Kx

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I love gingham. Love these.

wishes, true and kind said...

Awesome!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!