Thursday, 24 June 2010

pillow talk


I signed up for the third round of the pillow talk swap over on flickr after watching from the sidelines for the previous two rounds and becoming increasingly envious of some of the beautiful pillows I'd seen created.

My partner Corey had asked for something traditional but modern and what fits the bill more perfectly than a dresden plate?

I used my previously uncut into Heather bailey Fresh Cut stash and some Nicey Jane as well as a few other bits and bobs and actually spent a lot of the time on the quilting. Something I usually shy away from (because I'm so terribly useless at quilting anything in a complicated manner).

It turned out really well and Corey tells me she loves it too. Phew. Now I can't wait for my pillow to arrive. It's going to sit on the chair above in my bedroom in pride of place.



13 comments:

Marie said...

That's beautiful Katy. The quilting looks amazing. Corey is a very lucky swap buddy!
xMx

lily boot said...

Oh Katy! It is gloriously beautiful - I love dresden plates and that fussy cut centre is perfect. As is the echoey quilting. Lovely!

Carla said...

Your fantastic pillow makes me want an entire quilt just like it!

two hippos said...

What a fantastic cushion! The more I see the dresden plate pattern the more I want to try one.

AnnieB said...

IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!! of course! just spent lovely (illegal) 10 mins surfing your blog - has cheered me right up I tell ya!

lots of love from a longlost buddie XXXXXXXX

Alexis said...

That is crazy beautiful! Love the quilting!

Poppyprint said...

Stunner of a pillow Katy!! And the quilting is fantastic.

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I love everything about this. I love the fabrics, especially the fussy cut center, I love the bigness of the center and I love the quilting. Bravo.

Theresa said...

The quilting is magnificent. I love the detail on the plate and I really love the zigs around the plate. Simply smashing!

Rachel Ellington said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and the quilting is great.

Louise said...

That is such a great mix of farics and of course one of my fave designs! Lucky me got something similar for this swap - loving it!!

Lara Alexander said...

What a great pillow! Your choices for colors is just spot on. Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful work. I now feel totally inadequate.

Little Miss Shabby said...

I do love it!! It is perfecto!! =)

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!