Saturday, 13 November 2010

sunday stash - on saturday

From Little Things


One of the fabric lines I am most excited about right now is From Little Things by Sarah Fielke. (In case you've always wondered how you pronounce her surname - it's feel-kie. So no more pronouncing it Fillk or Feelk or Sarah from Material Obsession books or just plain old Sarah. Or was that just me and Brioni?)

It's not out yet. I THINK it's out early next year, or maybe Spring* (Sarah - correct me if I'm wrong). I Love it. It makes me so happy. The colours and the bold prints - and those slightly scary Little Shop of Horrors flowers that are likely to be meat eaters. And the dots. The dots are really gooooooood dots. I have a lot of dots in my stash, one day I might make a dotty quilt. Better add that to the list.
I can't quite decide what I'll make with this stack. I might do something hand pieced. I might do the free pattern Sarah designed for Lecien, because that uses diamonds and I am a bit afraid of diamonds. Or maybe I'll use a wedge ruler - because wedges are calling to me. Or maybe I'll do a bit of everything. Either way I'll just stare at it for a bit longer, because it's so perfect sat in it's stack.....

from little things

So what I want you to do is pester your local quilt shop for it. Or your favourite online quilt shop. Just pester everyone you meet. Sarah is amazingly lovely and I want her first line of fabric to be a complete hit so she can make a million more lines and keep doing what she does. Because she's incredibly talented and incredibly lovely with it (her new book is coming out next year, by the way - let me tell you now, if you liked Material Obsession you will DIE for her solo book. I'll keep you posted on that one, because, seriously, it's OMG fantastic. It's due out in Australia April 2011, so a bit after that in the UK, and then who knows in the US. Hopefully pretty soon after). Please - pester them, ask for From Little Things by Sarah Fielke for lecien and buy lots. If you can't buy lots, buy some. Thanks xxxx

*EDITED TO ADD - Lecien have confirmed it will ship to shops in January!!!!!

PS. The giveaway is still going on over here. Just leave a comment on that post to enter. Not this one, because I'll get confused. It's easily done.

11 comments:

alobsiger said...

There are so many things I want to do with Sarah's fabric that I definitely need MORE. MORE. MORE. I'm out of that dark purple stripe. Being out of it ought to be illegal. Go, Sarah!

Mary said...

Love, love, love it! It is very whimsical!

Kasey said...

Ok, got it saved in my iPhone, so once we get moved and I locate a LQS, they might as well hire me I'll be pestering so much!

two hippos said...

oh your fabric stash is amazing, full of wonders! Will have to go and pester!

alexia said...

I love the dots and stripes!!!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh that is going to be a must have line!!!!

Fabric Nation said...

lovely colours, just the thing for a grey sunday

thelastpiece said...

Thanks crazy Katy! you're making me blush :) I have to say though I am nearly out of the dark purple stripe too and something has to be done, it has become a quilt essential!!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

ohhh I love those!

thelastpiece said...

Just got the confirm from Lecien, it will ship to shops in late January.

Gone to Earth said...

I loved Material Obsession ... sounds like I'd better add that to my list of things to keep an eye out for. Another quilting heroine of mine has a book out early next year too so it looks as if 2011 is definitely going to be bookish with a dash of beautiful fabric ... Sounds good :)

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!