Thursday, 27 January 2011

issue 4 - Fat Quarterly

issue 4 out today!

(if you're looking for the single girl quilt along - details are all here)


Wow - these quarters come round fast! Issue 4 of Fat Quarterly is out now! You can go get it from the website or the etsy shop. I LOVED the preparation and the chats we had when we were making this issue which is all about solids. I was a little bit wary of solids and at first I have to admit I wasn't completely sold on the idea of a whole issue dedicated to them. Wouldn't it all look really similar? Um...nope. There's so much variety - solids are so versatile and can make incredibly striking, modern, yet timeless quilts.

You can use just 2 fabrics to make my homage to the '80s quilt....

80s batwing sweater

Or you can add in a focal fabric to a heap of solids like John did with his carousel quilt....

Carousel Quilt

Or maybe you want to use a whole party of colours like Chawne (is it wrong to have a huge crush on a quilt? Because this quilt makes my heart skip a beat)....

meet Bob.

Whatever floats your boat - you'll find a solids project to suit in this issue!

Sales pitch over. Normal service will resume shortly - but can I just say thank you to everyone that has bought an issue, supported us, said lovely things and keeps us going. I {heart} you.

6 comments:

Catherine said...

No, totally ok to have quilt crushes. In fact, that is a great name for a company! Quilt Crush. Shall we fight over it?!
All just so gorgeous, am loving.
x x x
Catherine

randi---i have to say said...

this is a great issue!

Annabella said...

I recently stumbled across your blog and really enjoy your posts. I felt indifferent about solids but looking at your photos it seems they really can create stunning effects!

Justine said...

Stop with the quilt eye-candy!!Thats another one added to my to-do list, you quilt tempters you lot are!

SHARM said...

Hi
I love your work... I was actually came to know about your blog from another blog... there was a cool picture of a quilt by a bathtub but can't find it... However I am new to blogging but fell in love with your work and quilts... I might take the challange to make one with solid colors... great work...

danielle said...

love those colours! looks like a space invader in a blender.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!