Sunday, 13 February 2011

preparing....

Tomorrow the Denyse Schmidt Single Girl quilt along kicks off, right here, with me talking you through preparing and cutting your fabrics. It's the most tedious of the steps, but once you've got everything out the way you can get sewing. An the blocks themselves come together really fast.
I've made a practise block (below) and have started on my 'real' blocks so I'm a step or 2 ahead of the rest of you and can offer support and advice where needed.

more practise required...

But there's still time to join - you won't get bad credits if you're a little behind! Nova, Megan and me are really quite nice and we don't bite (maybe nibble a little if you look particularly tasty). So, if you've ever thought about making this quilt before, maybe even bought the pattern and shoved it at the back of a drawer trying to ignore it, now is the time to pull it out and get planning. The flickr group (or single girl support group as we like to call it) is up to almost 200 members - that's a lot of single girls!

The 3 of us are so excited to see everyone's progress. Some folks have steamed on ahead already - it's fantastic!

Let's get quilting!!!!

10 comments:

rachelmp said...

Can't wait! I'm still waiting for an extra layer cake of "pure" to arrive, but I'll be cutting along with you as soon as it does.

summerfete said...

If I wasnt already obsessed with my current project...

Katy my book arrived yesterday, thanks again, I'm all inspired now!!!!

Clare

beth lehman said...

your block is so lovely!!! that must be liberty up there..,

Justine said...

I've copied & laminated my templates (jealous yes?!) and am still deciding on fabrics....got Flower Sugar & lecien spots so far but need a few more if you can think of any......

alobsiger said...

Gah! Liberty rings. Ought to be illegal. I have a rare and luxurious day off and need to finish up my templates. But realized I have some other paperwork that ought to be done first. Decisions, decisions. How guilty do I feel????

trash said...

Oh! Oh! I spent a fabulous evening last night sorting through the birthday fabric (thank you Missus IaGM). Think I have narrowed it down. My word, they really are a disparate assortment aren't they?!

Shall gird my loins and kick start myself tomorrow as a newly minted 'single girl'.

Mandalin said...

Templates made, woo hoo!! I'm making a practice cushion first with some of my Japanese fabrics, then onto my dream AB quilt!

ladybugquilting said...

Still waiting on the pattern!
Hope it turns up soon...

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Yup, still waiting on my pattern too. I'm having such fun already reading about and joining the conversations of the group!! This is such fun!

littlebluecottage said...

I am so flipping excited about this quilt along!!! I can't wait to see what the others do!!!!

I'm going to need big help deciding on a background color.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!