Saturday, 26 February 2011

a week of getting stuff

from Christel...

This little hoop is 4 inches tall. That's all. I can't say enough about how much I love it - I think Christel should sell them, don't you? In fact, you should go to her blog and tell her.

I have had an excellent week for mail. The husbeast has been over in New York and brought me back a gift (obviously), and as it is my birthday in a couple of weeks I thought it was only fair to get some fabric - because I haven't bought any so far this year. Not a single fat quarter. Instead of being my usual greedy, grabby handed self I show restraint and asked him for just fat quarters in the blue and greys from Denyse Schmidt's greenfield hill. From Purl Soho. Love that shop.

stash pact slip up...

Also this week (after a slight kerfuffle with the post office as to whether it had been delivered or was still at the sorting office or in the postman's van...turns out I was right - it was still at the sorting office) this stack of Summery beauties arrived. Thanks to Jennifer. A huge thanks to Jennifer actually.
This is Honey Child, Sis Boom's latest collection and probably (definitely) my favourite so far - because of the purple prints. They're so rich and gorgeous.

I'm just about to make a start on cutting this lot up so I can make a quilt (with tutorial) for the Fat Quarterly website.

Honey Child

(you can buy honey child for yourself at sewmamasew right now - even though it's not due out until later this Spring!)

12 comments:

Trash said...

I didn't get to see the stash acquisition slip-up pic! Pls to sho.Kthnxbai!

Trash said...

'S ok. They popped up eventually. I seeded them now :-)

Sarah said...

Well, aren't you restrained! I have never bought so much fabric as I've bought so far this year. I'm on a (very scary) roll!! The Denyse Schmidt is gorgeous though, nice choice.

Aunt Spicy said...

I am such a HUGE Jennifer Paganelli fan! I cant wait to use Honey Child, it looks amazing!

alobsiger said...

Awesome mail week! Still don't have any of the new DS.......I'm sure it's an error in the acquisitions dept. Oh, the new JP is pretty. Her fabrics are always beautiful AND useful. Not just another pretty face.

A Small World Girl said...

Thank you so much Katy !!xx

Anonymous said...

I like your blog and I just had the an awesome cup of Yorksire tea found in one store here in the USA ...YUMMMMM

Melissa P said...

Looking forward to your Honey Child quilt. I know it will wonderful.

SHARM said...

I love purl soho I did spend a lot at that store couple of months ago... can’t wait to see your fat quarters quilt... I love your quilts...

Patti said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patti said...

I love love love the little doll you get and am going to go on Katy's blog and try and convince her to make and sell them. Happy Birthday and you have shown such restraint it just isn't true so enjoy your fabric from Purl Soho.
Patti xxx

Saffron Craig fabrics said...

Ohh that embroidery is so sweet. I popped over and asked her to stitch me one too. Red head like yours! Thanks Katy.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!