Wednesday, 2 March 2011

sewing a little sunshine

true colours

This set of fabrics from the lovely Jennifer (I mean that sincerely, Jennifer Paganelli is a truly lovely person as well as being a great designer) has been cut up and sewn into a quilt top which just needs quilting and then I'll pop a tutorial over on the Fat Quarterly blog. Something super simple to use a stack of FQs that you can whip together over a lazy weekend.

The sun is trying to peek out of the clouds today. Must be something to do with the summery colours in Honey Child.

Have you heard about the Modern Madness fun we're having at Fat Quarterly? I have no clue what March Madness is all about (I'm a Brit - I'm not supposed to understand!) but John came up with a really fun idea to have a kind of contest (all in the name of fun, you understand, everyone's a winner in our eyes) to see which fabric lines you guys loved the most from the past year. Go on over to FQ and download your brackets sheet, fill it in and email it back to us. You can see our own predictions there as well.

12 comments:

Lindsay Conner said...

This looks awesome! I am curious to see the tutorial, because I have lots of FQs waiting to be cut. :)

alobsiger said...

Swoon! Oh, I needed to see something that is HOT for the eyes to warm me up right now. Thanks! Looking forward to the tute.

momto2wasd said...

I love the fabrics and am looking forward to having some soon! I don't understand the March Madness thing even though I'm Amercian...I'm just not a basketball fan. And I don't know how anyone could have to come up with only one winner from all the amazing fabric lines!

momto2wasd said...

I spelled American wrong...sorry, it was a typo. Not a Freudian slip or anything I hope!

sewfunbymonique said...

I have some of this line thanks to your valentines' day question of favorite fabric stack on twitter!!! thank you! I love how Jennifers fabrics glow and brighten everything. :)Looking forward to seeing your finished product.

One Flew Over said...

Lovely looking top Ms Ginger!

Louise said...

I'm a huge fan of Jennifer's and have used lots of her fabric in the past! I love the combinations and patterns - almost wallpapery!

audreypawdrey said...

That top is lovely! I love all the bright colors together-so beautiful!

Victoria @ BUMBLE BEANS said...

I have some too! trying to decide what is best to do with mine! aren't they fabulous! Love JP fabrics

Hoola Tallulah said...

My goodness, they are beautiful fabrics, the colours really pop, I have never seen Jennifers designs before but will deffo check her out and give the man a prod to get some for my birthday! Can't wait to see the finished quilt, it is mouth wateringly lush!

angharad handmade said...

That's stunning! And a lovely dose of bright colours on a sunshiny spring day!

Siobhan Rogers said...

Wow that fabric looks lovely :0

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!