Thursday, 7 April 2011

one out, one in

single girl - top finished!

The Single Girl quilt top - FINISHED! It's as wonky as a 3-legged donkey, but perfection is over-rated. Or at least that is what I am telling myself. Plus - once it's quilted reasonably densely, washed and wrinkled up no-one will ever know except me, you and the long armed Chris. Our little secret? Good.

Now that I've got her ticked off the list I can move on to dressing my naked bed. Actually, my bed has 3 quilts that are rotated on a regular basis, but another one can't hurt. Have you seen the naked bed challenge? Head over to Sarah's blog to find out more. There are prizes galore!
I'm playing along for fun - because Fat Quarterly are judges so no prizes for me, plus it gives me an excuse to use up some more scraps.....

the beginnings of a dressed bed

16 comments:

Sarah said...

Cats are just as obsessed with fabric as I am!
Love your single girl, what is the background fabric? Its lush...

alobsiger said...

LOVE your single girl. Just got done gushing over at Flickr so I'll try not to repeat myself. I don't know, that cat looks awfully judge-y about your fabric choices.... I think the front paws are pointing out the offensive fabrics. Just an observation, FWIW.

Justine said...

Aww your Single Girl looks great! Must crack on with mine!!

Leila said...

Love your single girl!

razberiswrl said...

Oooh! I love the purple background!!!

Poppyprint said...

That purple packs a POW! Gorgeous, wonks and all.

Jo said...

Your Single girl looks gorgeous! I'm just waiting for my c-section scar to heal enough to let me crawl around to baste mine...

Nicky said...

What is wrong with your cat? Doesn't seem too impressed by the new blocks! Oh yes I know {s}he is gazing obsessively at the single girl quilt as it's lovely! :D

emedoodle said...

I love seeing these single girls popping up all over! Great work!

jenni said...

So fab!!!!!!

PamKittyMorning said...

Love it.

joanie said...

Gorgeous colours!

Amelia said...

I LOVE your single girl Katy! Gorgeous :)

Bari Ackerman said...

Love your single girl! Can't wait to see what you do w/the Naked Bed Challenge!

Debra said...

Love your single girl...looks like your fur friend has helped with the naked bed picks!

Lola said...

I love this quilt! Very mod! And your cat is gorgeous

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!