Sunday, 22 May 2011

Bella Solids Parade - Expert Picks Day 7 (lavender)

So today is my last day as the (not so) expert fabric combo picker for Shruti. I had fun! I hope you played along too and picked out your own fabric combinations. A huge thanks to the generous folks at Moda and the Fat Quarter Shop too. You can see more from Shruti and the Bella Solids Parade here.




So today's colour is lavender (number 33 on the bella colour card)


bella solids lavender 33


Easy peasy lemon squeezie.....


lavender co-ordinates


The solids I picked out are moda bella purple (21), etchings slate (170) and magenta (92). The prints are some of my favourites from this year; Sarah Fielke's from little things - hot pink partridges and grey checker flourish and probably the best co-ordinate print of the year, Aneela's Sherbet Pips scooter grey skipping squares.


I really do love purples and greys. My single girl quilt (that has been quilted and I just need to bind!) used a selection of purples and most of the fabrics from Sarah's collection. I'm pretty over the moon to see more and more purple popping up in collections recently. It makes me a happy bunny. 


So that's it! Normal service shall resume shortly! Thanks for stopping by and reading about my picks. I hope you didn't get too bored ;)



3 comments:

Nicky said...

This one is definitely my favourite! I would love to use alll these fabrics together. What a great idea though to have a glimpe into our experts mind and see colour choices we would not have dreamt of - pushes us outside the box!

Thanks for your efforts this week!

Leena Salleh said...

Love the combo...this definitely works...purples, lilacs and ash gray...wow!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Gray is so popular now. I'm loving it. I'm planning a nearly solid quilt for my graduating daughter who loves solids and gray is making a statement in my project.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive