Tuesday, 17 May 2011

Bella Solids Parade - Expert's Picks day 2 (country red)

You ready for another day of fabric picks? Want to see something that is my dirty little secret love? Ok....here you go....

Today's colour is country red (17)

BellaSolids-9900-17-450

And this is my dirty little secret - I LOVE the repros that co-ordinate with this colour.

country red co-ordinates

French General fabrics get me every single time. I can't resist them. I made a quilt for the first issue of Fat Quarterly using Rouenneries and I have a La Petite Ecole quilt in progress. By the time you read this I'm hoping to have snapped up some French General treats at sample spree.

So, the solids here are la petite ecole dark denim, buttercup bluebell solid and primitive muslin in paper bag. Then for the prints I chose Alice's wash day blues in khaki (blue hill fabrics), la petite ecole stone cahrer and la petite ecole red on stone dots.

Love love love these - I can see super traditional sawtooth stars, or log cabins with fiery red centres. Or for mixing it up and putting that 'modern' spin - fussy cutting little motifs from the la petite ecole cahrer and using those for the centres of blocks.

5 comments:

RuthDesigns said...

I'm with you on the French General, I have a big stash and can't resist!

Karen said...

I did the Quilter's Pick for Country Red and your palette is far more pleasing :)
Love the tattoos by the way. Really want one but afraid of the pain. Also like that yours are visible. I hate when people say they have a tattoo in memory of, but in a place they will never see it. If you want a constant reminder put it somewhere you can see it!

sko_G knits said...

i am with you, i love Love LOVE all things French General. i am lucky enough to live 45 mins from their shop...i was just there over the weekend picking up some fa la la la la and panier de fleurs, but i am sure not as exciting as being at Quilt Market!!

sko_G knits said...

btw, your rounneries quilt is amazing

John said...

I absolutely love this collection, Katy. You're drawing me closer and closer to using some more repro prints. I think I need a French General quilt!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive