Wednesday, 18 May 2011

Bella Solids Parade - Expert's Picks Day 3 (brown)

Here we are with day 3 of my (giggle) Expert's Picks. I'm really not enjoying the 'expert bit' so let's call them Katy's picks instead, shall we?

Today's picks were MUCH trickier for me.

Colour of the day is brown (71). Hmm. Way out of my comfort zone here.

BellaSolids-9900-71-450

brown co-ordinates

Fortunately it's not too tough to find some fun stuff to put with brown.

Max and Whiskers black grunge, and the co-ordinating fur grunge add some great texture to solids. I love these grunge fabrics from Moda. Really clever and give depth to flat colours. Blue raspberry (84) is my pop of colour for the solids. I have never understood the blue raspberry flavour, but I do love it. I love it in fabric too.
Staying safe with more Max and Whiskers - I chose black bubbles and elafin maybley. Plus some ever faithful Moda essential dots in tangerine. I could buy essential dots by the bolt - the slightly grungey backgrounds are fantastic, they're almost marbled. And the dots are perfectly sized - small enough for excellent binding and just all round useful.

5 comments:

Justine said...

Ooo Max and Whiskers! I have some of that in my stash its lovely!

Karen said...

Love the "Experts" choices! I have a soft spot for animal fabric and color combo would be fun to work with. I never would have put the tangerine with the blue, but I love it!

Rachaeldaisy said...

This combo reminds me a bit of my first ever quilt that was orange, brown and aqua. The little dog fabric is so cute!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Cute cute fabric...just like you. I can't stop talking about how funny and cute you are. Loved meeting you. I consider it one of the highlights of my market jaunt.

Apryl said...

love the first two.. I can imagine making dolls with them... as I lack the patience to learn to quilt but love turning bits of fabric and doilies into dolls and monsters now.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive