Friday, 20 May 2011

Bella Solids Parade - Expert's Picks day 5 (betty pink)

Another dirty little love of mine today.

The colour of the day is Betty Pink (120)

HelloBetty-9900-120-450

pink co-ordinates

I chose a kona solid in ash as well as bella solids hershey (41) and fig tree cream. The prints are more of my secret loves. I'm always drawn to Robyn Pandolph and Fig Tree Quilts prints. I love the subtle colours, the softness, the classic looks. I bet you're learning stuff about me you didn't know, aren't you?!  My taste in fabric is pretty eclectic. There's not much I don't like, if I'm quite honest. Everything has it's use and place. I see fabrics like these as perfect gift quilts for people that don't quilt. They're classic, they're pretty safe, and they always make beautiful quilts.

Prints are dowood house woven green gingham by Robyn Pandolph, Bellagio Road Rosy pink ornate flowers (RJR fabrics) and Scarborough Fair sky tiny rose buds (Fig Tree Quilts)

4 comments:

lily boot said...

totally agree - and to the Fig Tree and Pandolph I would add Minick and Simpson - always works a treat and they just effortlessly fit in with so many different styles and tastes. Like your choices Katie and hope you're over your jetlag

Nicky said...

I like lots of different styles of fabric and quilts too but I am surprised that you are drawn to the trad look - thought you were an out and out mod girl. I shouldn't judge the book by the cover, I guess! Sorry!

pat sloan said...

Pink is good.. repeat.. Pink is good..

Poppyprint said...

I never would have taken you for a Pandolph girl. Go figure! Loving your picks.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive