Saturday, 18 June 2011

Farmer's Wife Quilt Along - week something or other

Ok - I said on Wednesday I would be back the next day, but I totally wasn't. I even pinky swore. Thursday I spent the whole day in bed with a flu virus that knocked me sideways. Friday I was a little better and managed to drive over to the long armed Chris's to pick up my single girl quilt and today - well, I'm back.

Is it week 3 of the Farmer's Wife Quilt Along? I think so. I'm not really keeping score. I have 2 new blocks to show though...

farmer's wife quilt along

Numbers 4 and 111 (basket weave and wrench). I'm loving making these blocks but I admit I'm sticking to the simples so far because I cannot be bothered with printing out the templates. I have just one criticism of the book and that's the templates are all on separate pages and there's no measurements. If it wasn't for the quilt along I don't think I'd have bothered and would have most likely thrown my rattle out the pram and stomped about a bit. Maybe one of these days I'll write my own sampler book (yeah, right...) Luckily my super hero in a quilted cape, Pat Sloan, has hooked me up with a set of Marti Mitchell templates. I'm a sucker for rulers, I have a feeling I'll cope better with those trickier blocks with plastic templates as my weapon. (Just click on the link over to Pat's website - check out the pic of her in the header. Doesn't she look like the naughtiest person alive? Peering over her glasses with that 'hey, I'm totally up to no good here' look on her face. )

And I accidentally clicked on buy a couple of times this past week or so....

farmer's wife quilt along stuffs

I picked up some fat eighths of Liberty prints from Sunflower Fabrics and signed up to their monthly club (a bundle of F8s a month - that has to be a good thing) and some super awesome black prints by Lakehouse Dry Goods  from Fat Quartershop (which came so fast you'd be forgiven for thinking they were using magic to ship overseas).

Happy days.

17 comments:

RuthDesigns said...

I spy a Sunflower Liberty Lucky Bag! I love those, a little bit of deliciousness in every bite :)

Ruth said...

Love those farmer's wife blocks! Especially the mathsy print!!

Nicky said...

I got all the FW templates on a 15 page document from the Flickr group - still a lot but better than one on each page. Watched TV while cutting them out!

Love the drama of your blocks and Liberty loveliness - sigh...

alobsiger said...

Sorry to hear you were illin'. Hope you're back to just chillin'! Your blocks are so lovely, they are making me weep. I swore I wouldn't copy you but I totally want to copy you. Yeah, I finally had to actually use one of those templates not just print it, measure it and cut my own. I do feel at a bit of an impasse with my color choices -- I need to add more but I don't want to kill the effect.

**nicke... said...

love your color choices. you always make me smile and chuckle a bit with your posts! i got my book last weekend and haven't started a single block yet. naughty naughty me...

Trash said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear you were sicky bug. Hope Snoop did the decent thing and kept you company during your bedrest.

Elena said...

"Thrown my rattle out of the pram." I love it! I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way sometimes :)

Elizabeth D. said...

Love those Liberty goodies! I couldn't agree more about the darned templates, wish there were just cutting instructions for most of the pieces rather than templates. I adore how your blocks are turning out!

Mama Spark said...

You're a crazy ginger monkey! I love your blocks and I think my hand may have *accidentally* clicked on some new goodies too.

two hippos said...

loving the blocks you are making! Whats the single girl quilt look like now its quilted?

House of Pinheiro said...

amazing fabrics bundles

PatSloan said...

now girlie I am looking over my specs at YOU.. hoping your on the upside of the bug! ps your packie will go out mon or tue!

Andi said...

Isn't it terrible when you accidentally press those buttons and such lovely fabric arrives at your doorstep ... as if by magic?
xx

Justine said...

Glad you're feeling better lovley! the blocks are fab, I've restrained so far from hitting the buy button at the liberty fabric club!!

Jo @ a life in lists said...

Ooh, Liberty envy. Love those little packets of joy. Which reminds me, must go and pick a winner from my Liberty giveaway!

Poppyprint said...

Ruh-Roh, there's a Liberty Club?

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

I'm loving the fabric you chose for Farmer's Wife. It is going to be incredible. Those black prints have got to be mine soon.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!