Wednesday, 1 June 2011

peaceful stitches

peaceful stitches

It's the half term break here but today the husbeast has taken the childerbeasts out and I'm sat in my PJs alternating between hand sewing hexagon flowers and machine stitching little squares to little triangles. It's really rather lovely. I have absolutely no intention of getting dressed today, instead I'll sit and sew in the peace and quiet, with the sun (finally) streaming through the window. Bliss.

Fabrics are various liberty prints and a white klona cotton.

Don't forget the Quilt Market Scavenger Hunt giveaway is still on until June 5th. Tip - you can probably find most of the list in my photostream. Just saying.....

Check out my half of the prize here!

14 comments:

Lorraine said...

Does sound like bliss , Katy !!!
Your flowers are looking purfect
I keep thinking I'll get over my Liberty love but nope it just hangs around like an extra child that won't go away .

Cille said...

I envy you the pj day - sound like something we all should make time for once in a while. I'm stucked at work for another few hours while secretly dreaming about projects for the upcoming bank holiday.

Andi said...

What a delicious day!!
Enjoy xx

Caroline said...

Ooooohh, I'm extremely envious... Enjoy!

Sadie said...

Sounds like a wonderful day indeed :-) have fun

two hippos said...

what a blissful and peaceful day, enjoy!

Ruth said...

Sounds like a perfect day.....

bloominworkshop said...

That sounds like the perfect day!

Sarah said...

I love pj days! Have a lovely time and enjoy every minute :-)

elsy said...

how wonderful...enjoy

Jo @ a life in lists said...

Sounds like the perfect day. Much as I love child number two, I will be thrilled when he's old enough to survive a few hours without me so I can have some time like that.

Your hexagons look lovely - my (ever growing) Liberty print stash is awaiting the perfect project, maybe some hand pieced diamonds...

Michelle @ the quilted tortoise said...

They are DIVINE! Pretty but cool and modern at the same time - or is that just the Liberty PR working its magic on me???

Rachel Hauser said...

Oooh, that sounds absolutely heavenly. Enjoy, enjoy! We'll live vicariously through you...

katie h said...

nothing beats staying in your pj's all day, and sewing - excellent - should be more of it

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!