Wednesday, 29 June 2011

tumbler pillow tutorial

charm pack pillow


I absolutely adore the Bliss line of fabrics by Bonnie and Camille from last year. I bought a heap of charm packs, but no yardage. Not really sure why I did that. I had all the great intentions of making a quilt like this one but then I didn't. I still have a couple more charm packs left so I could buy some Ruby when it comes out and make it using both lines. That'd be sweet. 
But anyway, I'm digressing now.

I did, however, make this pillow using the Accuquilt GO! baby cutter using a charm pack and a couple of fat quarters. You can find the tutorial over on the Fat Quarterly blog today. Go see!

Of course, you could still make the pillow if you don't have an Accuquilt GO! baby cutter, here's what you need to make the tumbler shape.

Draw a square measuring 3 1/2"
Now, mark a point 1/2" in on either edge across the top line.
Draw a line that joins the marked point and the bottom left hand corner of the square. And again, a line that joins the marked point on the top right hand side to the bottom right hand corner.
Cut out and either trace onto cardstock or template plastic. Et voila! Now you have a tumbler that is pretty similar to the accuquilt Go! one, so head on over to Fat Quarterly and make your own!

tumbler template




7 comments:

Bethany said...

Must....try......
I love Bliss too, but I waited until almost no one had it - I felt lucky to get a few charm packs. I just finished a baby quilt made from it. I adore it - the colors, the patterns, love love love!

Maribel said...

Your pillow looks adorable! The bliss line really is so cute!
Greetings
Maribel

House of Pinheiro said...

thanks for sharing.. its so cute

veryberryhandmade said...

Cute pillow - love those Bliss fabrics! I don't want to cut out tumblers though, I want the Accuquilt to do it for me! ;-)

Anonymous said...

This is such a happy pillow!
katrina_hertzer2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

randi said...

thanks for the how-to! this pillow is adorable!

Nanette Merrill and daughters said...

Really darling. I plan on using this idea soon.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!