Wednesday, 27 July 2011

rollercoaster

rollercoaster

Issue 6 of Fat Quarterly is out today. The theme this time round is alternative fabrics, which covers just about anything that isn't a quilting cotton (although, to be fair, we have a pretty awesome pattern using Verandah by Amanda Murphy which is a regular cotton).
I didn't have to think too hard about what I'd use - it had to be Liberty tana lawn really. Not that I'm obsessed with the stuff. Well, not much (alright, I'm lying, I'm a freak for it.)

My little quilt is lap sized - 60 inches square, and it's nice and simple. It would have been bigger, but I ran out of red and dark blue liberty prints (and resisted the urge to go shopping for more too - that's restraint). You could also use a jelly roll, or charm packs. Or scraps. Or anything.

rollercoaster sneak peek

19 comments:

Dan R said...

The liberty bits are so beautiful set against the white. The proportions are perfect.

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

I love this quilt.

Kate said...

It shows off the Liberty perfectly!

Justine said...

Haha its nice to this beauty all finished up!! Looks fantastic Katy!!

Mandalin said...

wow! that's mighty pretty!

Sadie said...

Such a beautiful quilt :-) makes me think of levis jeans :-)

Andi said...

Mmmmmm .. Liberty!!!
Very pretty
xx

Karen said...

Love the fabrics with the white!

The Quilted Librarian said...

Gorgeous, Katy. I love the complexity of all the prints next to the cool simplicity of the white.
All the best,
Dana Fisher

twin fibers said...

It's gorgeous! I love this take on a zig zag quilt!

Elisabeth said...

This quilt is so beautiful!!

Lee Ann said...

Lovely quilt. I can hardly wait to receive my Fat Quarterly issue (it hasn't arrived yet).

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

Well done Katy! Gotta love Liberty. : )

Mandalin said...

another beauty Katy!

Doe said...

Who you calling little?! Hahaha! This is a perfect size for a sprite like me. Looove it!

elsy said...

just finished my first quilt, in no small part inspired by your good self.....thanks for the new addiction!

diannajessie said...

I love the roller coaster effect. I spied it in the fat quarter too. A brilliant job. Well done.

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

I need to tell you, Katy, that I love this quilt so much that I gave in and bought Issue 6 of Fat Quarterly, downloaded, and printed it today. I am SO eager to get going on this quilt! Tomorrow I just "happen" to be meeting my relative for lunch at a place not at all far from a fabric shop that is having a big sale! How convenient!

Amy said...

This is beautiful! Isn't it amazing how simple squares can be put together in a way to make it so impactful.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!