Thursday, 21 July 2011

turning thoughts into actions

tumblers

I have to admit I was a little surprised that so many people said they would actually come to my house for a workshop following my last post. I'm going to make that happen. Watch this space.

In the meantime, if you fancy a trip to Lowestoft (which has lovely beaches, by the way - I know because I used to go to them when I was little) and would like to learn how to make a quilted tumbler cushion like the 2 up there then head on over to the Patch Fabrics website and check it out.
On Saturday September 17th I'll be teaching a class that if you're not a quilter and would like to learn will give you all the basics in a day. From cutting fabrics using templates and a rotary cutter and ruler, to sewing and matching points, basting, quilting and binding, as well as making an envelope style back for a cushion.
If you're already a quilter, come anyway, you won't need to concentrate as much and we can just gas.
Either way it'll be fun, right? Claire will make us tea and coffee and lunch and bring us biscuits. I don't think I could ask for more, really.

All the details (such as price and times and how to book) are HERE. Places are limited, I think there are only 6 or 7 spots so don't think about it, just book.

(EDITED TO ADD - Claire and I are both away on holiday until August 1st..not together...just at the same time... so if you have any questions that her shop assistant can't answer, don't fret - we'll help you out when we get back)

tumbler pillow

7 comments:

Eli said...

I've booked a spot and am just sooo excited! I've been sewing for years but have never quilted and am really looking forward to be taught by an expert rather than muddling through as I usually do.

Pinkadot Quilts said...

They are adorable....love the colors.

Poppyprint said...

Now that would be a DAY!!! Bring your GO!Baby and then everyone can just gas all day (assuming that means chatting and having fun? Honestly sometimes I wish Google would provide a translate button for British slang)!

Mary said...

Gas means a couple of things in the U.S. - I am truly hoping it does mean laughing and having fun on your side!!!I am so glad to see you are going to teach from your home...this has been a dream of mine {actually, my dream involves a lovely old home...something like Martha might own} for a loooong time! Good For You!!!

Mandalin said...

What a blast that would be! Love the cushions!

sewkatiedid said...

Fun I'll just pop by.

Kindy Garden said...

Hi katy! been a while since ive looked at your blog!(everything is still looking beautiful as ever though!) This is Meg (a la Charlie Motel? Blast from the past?? i think so!) I've got a "new gig" now... Hop over to my blog and take a little peek! Hope you're doing good! x

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!