Wednesday, 17 August 2011

something new

first block!

This fabric and this pattern (modified a little). It's going to rock, even if I do say so myself, which is a little braggy and the sort of thing that should result in a big slap from any one of you.

In other news - there's a glimmer of hope in my previously mentioned quest for modern Horn sewing cabinets...the lucky man that was pestered by me for 4 whole days is going to mention my (let's face it - genius) views at his next supplier meeting. Keep those fingers crossed that someone listens.

And in older news...don't forget we can hang out all day long and go home with a tumbler cushion like this if you go to Claire's site and book the workshop. I'll bring some sweets and I'll let you eat in class. Go on, come along, it'll be fun I PROMISE.


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Non-wood grain cabinetry is an awesome idea! I'm picturing bright glossy colors like VW Beetles.

RuthDesigns said...

Love the fussy cut centre :)

Kerry said...

If horn can move away from faux woodgrain and into some melanine or gloss plain colours, even white, I for one will cheer!

heather said...

Cute block

Flying Blind... said...

Sweet block - I haven't told my Bee members that they are currently destined to be making me a 24" HST star each from your pattern! They have until November to beg for mercy x

Flying Blind... said...

Oh no, my word verification was 'nonce'!

Anonymous said...

katy + monica = badass!

X, H

happy zombie said...

Totally digging what you did, this post… all it. And then when I saw Mystery Person H's comment "katy + monica = badass!… that has me running to my printer to make bumper stickers, t-shirt, mugs… a tattoo!

happy zombie said...

… all OF it...

sko_G knits said...

pls keep us abreast i would totally love a sewing cabinet that is not offensive looking!

Mrs Yoastie said...

Like the block lots.

Fingers crossed horn updates their cabinets.

ted and bunny said...

hi-
I hope I'm not out of order here, but I'd like to do a post on my blog about finding my own quilting style, and having been totally gobsmacked by the Penguin Book quilt you've shown in a post below, could I ask permission to show the same photograph if I list the owner and put links to both the owner and to your blog?
Of course I won't go ahead until I hear from you
kindest regards Elaine

essay said...

Wonderful

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive