Tuesday, 20 September 2011

a juicy pair

pillow peek

I said it before, but I'll say it again....I am LOVING these fabrics. I'm head over heels about them. Especially when I happened upon the perfect solid (ish) fabrics to pair up with them.

Curio Grunge by Basic Grey in Butternut and Asparagus for the tumbler pillow's border and binding and my current favourite solid alternative from Timeless Treasures shipyard organic. I can't remember if it's grey or...no...it is definitely grey. It just has a blue/denim look to it. (heads up - the whole organic screen collection from Timeless Treasures is on sale right now at Fat Quarter Shop. I'll leave some for you to buy, ok? I'm nice like that.)

pear tree pillows

I have another dresden plate ready to applique onto it's background and then some itty bitty scraps to make into a 4th pillow. You could say I'm obsessed.

Pear Tree by Thomas Knauer is coming soon - I'll let you know when it starts shipping to stores (should be November time - just in time for Christmas!) Both Lola Pink Fabrics and Fat Quarter Shop are going to stock the full line.

15 comments:

alobsiger said...

Pretty! Especially love those wonky egg shapes!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

They're both so pretty! I really need to make a Dresden. Every time I see one, I love them more!

randi said...

very nice pillows!

Sequana said...

All of the Grunge by Basic Grey is just great. Has enuf of a movement to make it alive as a solid. I have it in all kinds of colors.

I also really like Laura Gunn's Painters Canvas colors for the same reason.

Kristy said...

These are just gorgeous!!

sukie said...

Love it!!! Can't wait to get me some.

Poppyprint said...

Oh man, you are on a sewing, blogging roll woman! Just look at those gorgeous pillows. I'm going shopping right now. Thanks for the tip on the organics - I had not seen them sewn up into anything yet and I LOVE that grey denimy looking one for sure. It looks super soft. Thomas' fabrics are divine.

Alicia said...

Loved that it too
Congrats!!!

Flying Blind... said...

They look so squidgy!

Kate said...

Really pretty. The colors are amazing.

Maureen T. said...

Love the fabrics! The cushions are beautiful!

diane said...

this fabric just went on my gotta have it list!

Sarah said...

Definitely want those fabrics! Fab cushions Katy :-)

zuzug said...

Wonderfull - very juicy. I like it!!!!

Lisa Montsion said...

Beautiful fabrics.

lisa

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive