Sunday, 9 October 2011

charity stocking drive

Have you seen this?

Lyanna works with foster kids which has to be one of the world's most rewarding jobs. The agency she works for is organising a drive to get at least 50 handmade Christmas stockings this year, one for each of the kids they represent.
50. That's totally do-able, right?
It is with your help.
Each Tuesday until the end of November she'll be linking to a free stocking tutorial and to give you the a further nudge towards helping out there are heaps of prizes to be won along the way.

All she asks is that the stockings reach her before December 1st.

Go sign up, join the flickr group here and find out all about the drive by visiting either the jolly jabber or Lyanna's blog.

I'm in - are you?

christmas stocking

6 comments:

Emma Thomsen said...

What a truly thoughtful idea! When I was a kid I spent a short time fostered and in a children's home (over Christmas) the thought of having something that was handmade just for me would have been very important to me at those times! Super super idea, definitely joining in!

patchworkandlace said...

Lovely idea , ile pop across and have a look and love the patchwork stocking above x

MB in MI said...

I'm in........:-) !

Lyanna L. said...

Thank you so much for posting about the Stocking Drive on your awesome blog -- you rock! =)

Jessica Nichols said...

What a great idea! I know that Lyanna will be posting free stocking tutorials, but there are a few free patterns for quilted or patchwork Christmas stockings on FaveQuilts too: http://www.favequilts.com/Quilted-Stockings. I hope these are helpful for anyone who wants to participate!

mo said...

Oh I'm in!!
Thanks for spreading the word!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive