Tuesday, 18 October 2011

the fabric closet swells

peacock lane and just dandy

The most recent addition to my stash is the Cherry Chip colourway of Violet Craft's Peacock Lane for Michael Miller fabrics. I fell a bit lot in love with Peacock Lane the moment I saw it at Spring Market this year. It is cute enough to please girly girls, but not so cute that it makes your teeth ache. It's definitely one of my top 3 favourite collections of the year. Great mix of prints from very small to large focal prints,  the colours are crisp and bright without being over-bright. Do you know what I mean? Sometimes fabrics can be a bit too digitally printed looking and the colours are slightly off. Not these. Just look at how happy that display is......

Violet Craft for Michael Miller

I'd already used the Rainbow Sorbet colourway in a quilt top that's currently at the quilter's so when I spotted Fat Quarter shop offering one of their 50% off deals on twitter last week I couldn't ignore those reds and pinks and browns any longer. It is actually worth joining twitter just to get news of offers from Fat Quarter shop.

peacock lane

I think I know what I want to use this stack for - teaming it with some of the pinks from Just Dandy (like in the top pic). The 2 collections are perfect for each other. It'll have to wait a while though, I've got a heap of other stuff to get finished and Christmas to worry about before I make a start on anything new (she says, quite unconvincingly).

12 comments:

twin fibers said...

:) mmmm... those are really pretty!

MadCraftyMama said...

Nice add to the stash. I am looking at the peacock motif thinking of a dozen ways I could use it. Bummed that I ignored that tweet from FQS.

Shelly said...

I don't know HOW you can stand to wait until after Christmas to start something new. I couldn't live like that!

Laura @ Needles, Pins and Baking Tins said...

Oooh lovely! I love the little brown daisy print in the top photo :-)

Jessica said...

Gorgeous colors!! Now I'm thinking my stash could use a bit of this as well! :)

Flying Blind... said...

Yumscious!

sukie said...

Yeah I got me some too with that awesome discount - why do I get fabric when I don't know what I'll do with it!!

Poppyprint said...

You naughty, naughty quilter.

Lynn said...

Lovely fabrics.

Hoola Tallulah said...

Whatever happenned to the buying no new fabric pledge madam? I'm glad it went out of the window, me thinks you were meant to have fabric, lots of it :)

**nicke... said...

i got mine from the fqs on tuesday. thanks again for the heads up about the coupon. i can't wait to cut into it.

happy zombie said...

Love this on so many levels!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive