Sunday, 2 October 2011

Fall inspired

miscellany pouch

Last year Fat Quarterly did a special issue that was Holiday themed (think Christmas, mainly). It was without a shadow of a doubt the most popular issue we've made so far. (If you don't have one, you can still get it - just click here for details). This year we decided on a different theme, the theme of Fall.
My project is a simple clutch pouch made from scraps of fabric (Miscellany by Cloud 9). It's big enough to use as a pencil case, make up bag for in your handbag, or on the go sewing supplies (guess what I use mine for?)
I plan on making a heap of them to fill with little gifts this Christmas. I think the kids' teachers would love getting them filled with fun stuff the children have chosen themselves (maybe not Miss G's male teacher).

Fat Quarterly Fall Inspired special issue is out October 7th. From the Fat Quarterly website.

11 comments:

**nicke... said...

cute and what a cute little button. i need to start subscribing to fat quarterly.

Sarah said...

Great clutch, lovely shape to it!

...julia... said...

Those are super cute!!

-Julia
Blue-J Cottage

Anna said...

i love this little pouch, and miscellany is my fav lately, although I have yet to sew anything with it, just in the collecting stage still. :)

Flying Blind... said...

Oh very nice indeed. Definitely too nice for teachers!

Maureen T. said...

what a great clutch! I love the shape, fabric and the adorable button!

Clair said...

This looks great!
Counting down to my next Fat Quarterly........

Poppyprint said...

Nice one!! Looking forward to the specialness!

Justine said...

Such a cute pouch I love it! Cant wait for the special on the 7th!

Annie said...

I love this! The rose button is a nice touch. But I have to say - every time I use the word "fall" (because I'm American, after all) it's met with an eyeroll and a "do you mean AUTUMN?" Why do you get away with it!! x

designcamp said...

I love it! This is the perfect hostess gift project for the holidays! Happy to be sharing the spotlight with you in the Fall Inspired Issue! (My project is Cat's Game)

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive