Tuesday, 11 October 2011

smiling face

be still my beating heart

I got so crazy excited about these when I went to Spring Market. I totally wanted to eat Anna Maria up for thinking of them. Truth be told, I want to eat her up most days of the week. Pre-printed cross stitch fabric that is pretty enough to use without any additional stitchery, but simple enough for an idiot stitcher (that'd be me) to make it look awesomely pretty. The pom pom trim was lurking on my table when this package arrived. It was clearly fate because now I need pom pom trimmed stitchery pillows for my bed.
Mine came from sew mama sew. It took me a while to realise that Kristen had slipped a couple of extra bits in with my package that I hadn't ordered. I was looking at my receipt, looking at the stack, looking back at the receipt and looking back at the stack before I figured it out. See - I told you I was an idiot. (Thank you Kristen - you're a superstar).

mooooooooooooo

On rare occasions I have a clever idea. Such as these Moo cards, with instructions on how to care for a quilty gift. Punch a hole in one corner, slip a little strip of waste fabric trimming through the hole, pin onto a quilt. Et voila - no phone calls from confused mother in law's on how to wash that quilt you gave her (or whoever else you've made a quilty gift for).
I'd like to think one day I'll be organised to actually have quilt labels printed onto fabric and stitch care instructions onto the quilts themselves. That involves me being computer savvy. Which I am not. Julie has a great tutorial here for spoonflower ready fabric labels (and if anyone wants to use that tutorial and make me some labels you know I'd love you forever, right?) So for now, the Moo cards will do me just fine. You can get some too - go here.

12 comments:

Justine said...

Ahh so lovely, I think I may get some myself when I get paid!

Flying Blind... said...

I so do not need any Moo cards, but that won't stop me ordering some!

Anna said...

love that fabric, now you make me want to go buy some! drat! and awesome moo cards, I'm always horrible about labeling and packaging.

mascanlon said...

So if you manage to get someone to help you with the Spoonflower approach you'll have it made! I am hoping to get that done sometime this year, I always stress about labels and care tags too.

two hippos said...

wonderful fabric, you really know how to tempt a girl!

Bethe said...

Thank you so much for the quilt label tip! I have been wanting to buy some but the ones on etsy just aren't "me." This is perfect!

Lyanna L. said...

Oh I just got some great quilt labels at gutentags on etsy - they are printed on ribbons and then you can fold it in half and put in the binding if your quilt. the price doesn't break the bank and I love them.

Margy said...

the Moo moo cards are a great idea...

Archie the wonder dog said...

The Moo quilt care cards are such a good idea and they're so nice that people will make sure they keep hold of them rather than losing them at the back of the junk drawer!

Laura@NeedlesPinsAndBakingTins said...

They seem to be popping up all over the place recently. I think I might have to get me some of the moo-card action :-)

Trudi said...

lol I got my Moo cards last week! Small things eh? But boy do they make you happy!

sewkatiedid said...

I love MOO cards. Good idea on the washing instructions and I love the new blog name!

Have fun at market.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive