Monday, 3 October 2011

the year of the pillow

pillow

I've been busy with pillows lately. Which is good, because I've got a whole stack of pillow forms crammed in my closet to turn into gifts for this Christmas. I bought 8 just last week. Two of which are huge.

I've been using up heaps of scraps for dresden plates. This one has a border using the zig zag print from Betz White's new fabric line, Stitch, with Robert Kaufman (which is out soon). I blame Chawne for making me think of Cosby sweaters. I can't knit, so a knitted look border will have to do.

pillow collage

Expect to see a lot of pillows over the next couple of months. I apologise in advance.

A little heads up - I'm having some tech shizzle done on my blog this evening EST, so the site will be down for a few hours. Hopefully only a couple though. And then I'll be back and running. 
Tech shizzle all done. What do you think? Tara did it. She's great, I totally recommend her for pain free blog makeovers.

12 comments:

Justine said...

Love the pillows you so have to teach me the dresden soon!!!

Sheila said...

i wish i were on your Christmas List,

Freddie said...

Lots of pillowly loveliness.

Kelli said...

The fact that you said tech shizzle alone is enough to make me day. Thanks for the laugh and good luck with all of your pillows! Who gets tired of cute pillows? Not me.

Archie the wonder dog said...

Gorgeous - love the zig zag border!! Can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

I love all your pillows! You've inspired me - I'm going to make some. DH will just have to get used to them. Maybe I'll have to buy a huge basket so he can pitch them in there instead of on the floor!

Lisa

Sarah said...

No apologies needed, really loving your pillows!

Flying Blind... said...

Well you keep making them and I'll keep feeling like I should get off my arse and make some too!

Lynn said...

Gorgeous pillows

CitricSugar said...

Tat's it - I'm going to develop a "seamster's horoscope"... 2011 is Year of the Pillow, 2012 - Year of the Empire Waist, 2013 - Year of the Quilt, 2014 - Year of the Slipcover.....

Great title. Lovely pillows.

Isisjem said...

Great Pillows! I've been very pillow fixated lately too. So much more instant than a full on quilt. I was so distracted by your lovely pillows I missed the blog makeover until you mentioned it!

Michelle @ the quilted tortoise said...

Great new site! And gorgeous pillows, we're happy to see more, bring 'em on!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive