Tuesday, 15 November 2011

can you hear it?

It's coming. That season, the one with the baby in a stable or the lighting of candles - that time of year that we all think about what to give each other and panic about spending too much, or not giving ourselves enough time to make gifts for those we care about.

In case you missed it last year, or you bought it and then promptly forgot about it (anyone else do that? I do - I've bought so many patterns that I forget about...I'm a bit of a bimbo, it's true) here's a little reminder of the Fat Quarterly Holiday special from last year, and a glimpse at some of the projects.You can get it still, it's available here and for a teeny tiny $5 (which is about the price of a coffee but lasts a heck of a lot longer) it is the hands down winner of the most useful issue ever (I made that up, but it's darn useful, it really is). It's packed full of patterns and a round up and review of online tutorials.

Christmas Star Mug Rug

long legged ladies

Penny Pockets

'The Hood' tree skirt

Yule Yeti Pillowcase

9 comments:

Kwilt Noob said...

I"ve been searching the world over for just the right tree skirt. Found it!!!

Archie the wonder dog said...

So many lovely things! If only I hadn't made a tree skirt a couple of years ago...sigh!

Nancy said...

LOVE the tree skirt!!

Raddness said...

Thank you for this post! I was wondering what the "best" FQ issue would be to start out with! And now it will help me with my Xmas presents! Thanks!

Fiona said...

Oh I really love the Holiday Issue! I've made 4 out of the 5 projects you've pictured - I stitched up a little yeti just the other day!

Katy Cameron said...

Oooh, very pretty things. Hmm, come pay day I can see me stocking up on some issues... (and by that I mean magazine issues, I already have plenty of issues all of my own ;o) )

Trudi said...

lol I was reveiwing it for insiration just at the weekend! :) Gotta get busy :)

Flying Blind... said...

Love it all - even if my kids thought Fi's Yeti was a Hedgehog!

**nicke... said...

so so so so many pretty pretty christmas things.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive