Tuesday, 29 November 2011

a Grinchy Christmas

My ginger boy's favourite story is the Grinch. It never fails to delight, and he pretty much recites it as we read it at bed time. It's also one of the few books I am happy to re-read again and again and again. Something about that furry green Grinch and his dog Max makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
So, when Lola Pink Fabrics got Grinch fabrics in I had to have some.
The quilt top came together super fast, I had intended to make a lap quilt (but Ginge had other ideas, hence the strip of off-white along the bottom, making it big enough to use on Ginger's bed).
Long armed Chris quilted it with red snowflakes, to add to that Christmassy feeling and now we're all set for the big holiday.

Merry Grinchmas


Someone is very happy.

Merry Grinchmas

Speaking of the Grinch - have you seen this tutorial for an advent calendar? Isn't it cool?

Quilt deets -
twin/large lap size - 68" x 76"
fabrics used;
how the grinch stole christmas by Robert Kaufman
kona snow
pattern loosely based on turning twenty (but without the book, because I couldn't find it in my house, so I guessed measurements)

17 comments:

Little Bluebell (Adrianne) said...

Oh sweet ginger boy you've stolen my heart!! I just love that last picture. The quilt is good too. ; )

Nicole Follow the White Bunny said...

ooh that photo is so sweet! Kids just love quilts in winter. Mine are always under/on a quilt when they are watching tv. :)

Heleen Groot said...

The quilt turned out beautiful, you were just guessing the measurements.... as I can attest that could have gone horribly wrong! The last picture stole my heart. What a wonderful Ginger you have!

Hoola Tallulah said...

Awesome, and your ginger boy is so cute (he looks a lot like his mama!) X

Archie the wonder dog said...

Oh, what an appealing photo of your little boy and his quilt - his joy would melt even the most Grinch-like of hearts!

Dan R said...

Impossibly cute.

Katy Cameron said...

Oooh, love the Grinchiness!

CitricSugar said...

How cute! The quilting is outstanding....

Flying Blind... said...

Lovely lucky boy x

janet@lolapinkfabrics.com said...

That quilt is awesome! We love that fabric and your little boy can stay all snuggled up on the cold winter nights!

Jacey said...

So fun! The Grinch is definitely my favorite Christmas story. The quilt rocks!

Poppyprint said...

Oh, what a happy smile on Ginge. Great quilt, those snowflakes are amazing. I was wondering how she could quilt snowflakes with a continuous line!

Jake said...

Way cool Katy! Love the Grinch!

elsy said...

what a coincidence katy......ive made my daughter a grinch quilt for xmas....and shes 19! wish i'd made it bigger though. has that ever happened to you about sizing.....should i undo? (its finished!)

Jo @ a life in lists said...

Curse you and your NICE Christmas fabric. I'll just be trying to match my Rocky Horror Christmas fabric if you need me...

**nicke... said...

that looks like one happy grinch!

Jamie @Terrabyte Farm said...

I found your blog through the SMS giveaway. What a great quilt! I also have a ginger monkey, seen here,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/terrabytefarm/5684315274/in/set-72157614893814370

He has not had a hair-cut since May and his curls are even longer than your little one's. Just had to share, super cute!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive