11 hours ago
Friday, 18 November 2011
task of the day
Today will be spent quilting this little lap quilt, a shop sample for Patch Fabrics. It's made with a Dogwood trail jelly roll (Claire sells the fabric in the shop). It's quite a twee floral group of fabrics, but what makes it especially lovely is that Moda is donating all it's proceeds from the sale of Dogwood fabrics to the National Quilt Museum in Paducah, Kentucky. Suddenly it's less twee and just incredibly sweetly scented, isn't it?
Anyhoo - after Christmas is out of the way I'll be teaching a class on this quilt, which is super beginner friendly and a perfect first quilt for anyone that has never tried patchwork before, or a nice no-brainer for those that actually just fancy coming along to chat and chin-wag for the day. I'll keep you posted on the date when I know for sure.
What are you up to today, or this weekend? Anything fun?
Posted by Katy Jones at 08:52
- ► 2014 (115)
- ► 2013 (246)
- ► 2012 (220)
- a Grinchy Christmas
- we interrupt today's broadcast for this important ...
- happy monday mail
- stock up!!!!
- save the date....
- Oh! Thank Cuteness!
- tie me up
- task of the day
- and the winners are....
- can you hear it?
- show and tell
- sale sale sale sale sale!
- Fat Quarterly issue 7
- quilt market recap - the finale
- quilt market - the booths (part five)
- quilt market - the booths (part four)
- quilt market - the booths (part three)
- quilt market - the booths (part two)
- quilt market - the booths (part one)
- quilt market - schoolhouse sessions
- quilt market - getting there
- ▼ November (21)
- ► 2010 (102)