Friday, 23 December 2011

Brrr!

Brrr!

Laurie sent me some of her next line of fabrics with Kaufman (not out til next June - how long is that to wait? SOOOO long!) to have a play with and I got so excited after I saw them in the flesh (as it were) that I thought I'd share a sneaky peek with you.

I'm not a huge fan of Christmas fabrics. I kinda don't like Christmas fabrics much at all. There, I said it. I'm sorry Christmas fabric lovers.
But these I would totally buy and I'd do it without even realising I'd bought Christmas fabrics, because there's not a Santa or Reindeer or Holly sprig to be seen.
There's a dotty stripe - how awesome will that be for bindings?
There's a snowflakey doily that isn't snowflake-like at all when you take it away from the Polar Bear and will be so beautiful as a focal point in a block.
In fact, the Polar Bear himself has no hint of Christmas, he's carrying a flower. He could be on a trip to Hawaii for all you know. It might be July for him. He might be sick to the stomach of you assuming it's Winter where he lives. In fact, do you know what? He's never even been to the arctic. His grandmother left on a steam cruiser for New Hampshire back in the 20's and they moved to Florida in the early 80's when this cute guy was just a cub. And you know what else? They all just LOVE the sunshine state because the weather is so great and the sunshine keeps them so pure white. Not like the dirty polar bears you see at the zoo with their yellow-white fur. Those aren't like this bear and his family. Oh no. Heck, they wouldn't even cross paths with those kinds of dirty bear. This bear has class. He takes his mama bear a flower every week, just because he loves her. He's holding it in his paw. Go to Laurie's blog and you can see him better. Isn't he a handsome guy?

So, yeah, I got sidetracked there a little bit with my bear story. Where was I? Ok, yes, the colours are great - Christmassy enough for Christmas and that time of year but they won't look out of place in the park for a picnic in the middle of Summer. Red and aqua and green and white. Yum yum yum.

I'm going to be making something with these. Then I might just have a little treat for you guys too. But you have to wait a couple of months. Sorry about that. C'mon people it's Christmas - I'm busy with the family and stuff. They get all grumpy if I sew all the time.

15 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous fabric, I cant wait!

nicole follow the white bunny said...

I just love Laurie Wisbrun's fabrics and these are wonderful too. I generally don't like fabric designs that got Christmas all written over it (well maybe not literally) either. With some exceptions of course...:)

ScissorsandThread said...

Love love love these. They are top of my list of fabric I must buy, beg or steal next year! Looking forward to seeing what you make.

Sarah@Pings&Needles said...

Just gorgeous. lick.

Laura @ Needles, Pins and Baking Tins said...

You madam, are a nutter.

Fabric is yummers though!

Katy Cameron said...

Bwahaha, love the bear story, and so do The Clan (that would be the bears I make ;o) ), although Tupelo, the polar bear, thinks your bear is luck he gets to play with flowers, as he ended up running away to join the circus to escape from the cold... Anywho, we can't wait to see what this pile turns into :oD

Manda said...

I think I will have to buy some of this in June :)

Reene@Nellie's Niceties said...

Very jealous that you've got your hands on these yummy fabrics! I'll look forward to seeing what you do with them :-)

Flying Blind... said...

Mine get grumpy when I don't sew too - I can't win x

Nanette Merrill said...

I'm with you, sorta on the holiday fabric thing. I say that for all occasion fabric. And kid fabric. It has to be just perfect for me to love it. Or be super kitschy. This looks like a nice line.

Nikki said...

LOve this fabric. Can't wait!! Glad to think of your polar friend sipping a sweet something on a (strong!)lounge chair in Key West, pondering the sunset.

**nicke... said...

i have seen that fabric popping up here and there and i love it. i love that dotty stripe and the polar bear is so cute. what are you making?

Archie the wonder dog said...

Love the fabric and the bear story!

Mish Mash Mama said...

Yo, that polar ain't good enough for his rellies! That's such a cool story. Love the fabric, bring on June. For the fabric and FQ Retreat.

Mandalin said...

Total yumminess! Great timing too, as I plan to be on a fabric diet until the end of June, well, I'm going to give it a good try anyway!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive