Wednesday, 7 December 2011

fun with Melody

a sneaky peek

Melody Miller is going to be huge. Mark my words. Not huge in physical size (because she's not huge at all, and is actually perfectly formed. I will admit to having a bit of a crush on her, she's quite magical), but she will be huge in the design sense, her work is perfect for so many different things. I want a Melody Miller tea set, dinner plates, bed linen, curtains, stationary, luggage, and furniture (just in case any licensing types are lurking - not that they would be, but you never know).

Over on the Fat Quarterly blog we've organised a designer challenge, similar to the one we did recently with Daisy Janie fabrics. I'm having immense fun playing with some Ruby Star Spring and Ruby Star Shining.  I'm not allowed to show much off yet, not until the challenges and tutorials that go with them are revealed later this month...but I thought I'd give you a little sneaky peek of what I'm up to. Tonight I'm going to sit in front of the TV with some cosmo threads and stitch stitch stitch.

(The Robert Kaufman FQ bundles giveaway is still going on over on this post in case you haven't entered already!)

11 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm right there with you on the Melody Miller crush... her prints are just gorgeous. I'd like a big chaise-lounge in the bee nightlite from Spring...in a velveteen... lush!

liz said...

looks like a fun project!

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

Melody is uber cool! I can not wait to get my hands on some Ruby star shining!

**nicke... said...

oh i love her also. i cant wait to get my hands on that typewriter! so cute!

Katy Cameron said...

Hmm, intriguing!

Jacey said...

I agree! Melody's fabrics are awesome. Can't get enough, and I can't wait to see what you've come up with!

Flying Blind... said...

I am so eagerly awaiting my pre-ordered typewriters and telephones I could pee my pants!

Archie the wonder dog said...

Looks great!!

Caitlin T. said...

Can't wait to see what you make! My fabric came this weekend and I picked up some coordinating solids to go along with it today. It'll be fun to see what everyone comes up with!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I totally agree! 100%

Poppyprint said...

Oh, you sleazy tease. I must get me some typewriters the minute they become available to us poor public-types who have to wait. I'm hoarding my scraps of RSR.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive