Thursday, 15 December 2011

Merry Christmas to me

After making this quilt top and this pillow I got myself all in a frenzy for flannel and the apparent need for flannel pillowcases on my bed. Whilst looking online for yardage I came across this shop and her crazy $5 a yard sale.

These arrived today....

Merry Christmas to me

(Karen even slipped in a copy of Quilt Sampler magazine with a feature on her gorgeous store!)

I may have accidentally bought a stack of Anna Maria Horner velveteens on sale too...

my pretties...

Sensory overload. I wish you could reach in and touch them. Just play along with me and do it - stroke the pretties. Nice, huh? Put your face up to them. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, doesn't that feel good?

touch me

Merry Christmas, Katy. You've worked so very hard all year long, you keep such an exceptionally tidy home, and always make wonderful 3 course meals for your family. You never get any treats, you truly deserve this. (I'm sorry - can I hear you lot coughing and spluttering? What exactly do you mean by that, hmm? *hides the toast she was planning on feeding the family tonight and kicks the mess under the carpet*)

baby it's cold inside

Because you know how I always feel better if I've made you buy stuff, have you been checking out the daily deal on Fat Quarter Shop this week? Every day a new deal that is just for that one 24 hour period. I'm not ashamed to say it's the first thing I check when I wake up. Addicted? Me? Pah.... I got an awesome deal this week - 9 yards of Bonnie and Camille Ruby dot for $48. (I realise 9 yards is quite a lot but I'm entirely positive it will prove incredibly useful - I don't even need to half convince myself.)

Oh - and because I'm sure someone will ask - the beeswax in the little pot in the pic there is from here. I'm waiting for a couple of mugs for Christmas presents too. One for this bird. I should chase them up, she'll sulk if she doesn't get something to open on Christmas day.

19 comments:

Rane said...

I have only one comment.....
(*wipes of drool*)
nom nom nom....These are such eye candy! Now to go find my coffee, life starts early in our house it is 5:21 gotta get a little eggs n backie on.
Happy crafting!!!
(*sooo jealous!*) (*^_~*)

Florence (Flossie Teacakes) said...

Good lord, Katy! What to say? Merry Christmas seems the only fitting thing, although must add that the way you implored us to stroke the fabrics through the screen reminded me (not necessarily in a good way) of the 'peeper conversation'. Hope you enjoy them...although it really goes without saying that you will. Money well spent. x

Megan said...

I am such the village idiot for not ordering those. Have fun! Off to check FQ shop.....

Fiona said...

I ordered some of those flannels too and they arrived yesterday! They are so gorgeous that I went back and just ordered some more (managed to resist the velveteens though!)
Thanks for the mention of the Fat Quarter Shop deals, I didn't know about that :)

Nicky said...

You really had me going there believing all that angelic stuff and I felt sad cos I haven't been as good and wouldn't deserve such treats! But hey the butter did melt in your mouth so I can splurge too! Yum yum!

Sarah said...

Can I blame you for my impending debt?... You tempress you...

Archie the wonder dog said...

Talk about being an enabler!! They all look fabulous, what are you going to cut up first?!

Flying Blind... said...

Trying to work out if you are a worse or better fibber than me!

Need to wipe the slobber off my screen now x

Justine said...

Hehehe! A present for moi!!You're too kind bird. I may or may not be perusing those velveteens right now!!

Jacey said...

You temptress! That is a gorgeous stack of texture and lusciousness. Enjoy your treat, my dear!

Little Creatable said...

Evil temptress! Now I want some flannel GAHH my wish list is long enough haha thanks for the Etsy shutout i've been looking for a good flannel store :D

Lisa Marie said...

We would be besties if we had ever met. I just know it.

Catherine said...

Mmmmmm,lovely fabrics!

Freddie said...

So many lovely lovely colours.

Katy Cameron said...

Ha, I got one of those parcels yesterday too, and it's all your fault! Mine didn't have yummy velveteen in though, that does look lovely...

**nicke... said...

my husband has grounded me from fabric. he is such a jerk!

picciolo said...

wow that fabric is amazing- i'm drooling!
: )

sewkatiedid said...

I went overload on this flannel when I found it on sale. Some went on the back of my Scrappy Sunshine Quilt, but the rest I think will be find a happy home in a plain old charm quilt. I HEART flannel.

pat sloan said...

Of course you deserve every little bit of this.. and now I want velvet!!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive