Thursday, 29 December 2011

resistance is futile

I'm a sucker for scrap quilts. I think all my favourite quilts are scrappy in nature. And I have a scrap bin that is out of control, despite making this and being so close to finishing a second.

I've set myself a challenge, I will finish the quilt tops below by the end of January and as a reward to myself I'll join in with Brenda on her Bust Yo Scraps Quilt Along. 

All the bits are ready for sewing in order to finish this one....

New year finish. I will. By end of January.

And I am only about 8 blocks away from getting this finished too....

scrap vomit part deux grows

So my reward is this pretty little ditty. Why don't you join in too? Go on, do it do it do it! Brenda says there'll be giveaways. Ooooh. I love giveaways.

10 comments:

Helen said...

See now I am so torn - I need some scrappage reduction pretty sharpish, but now I can't decide if I want to do this, or make a scrap vomit of my very own, or do Apple Cyder's lovely All Around the world scrap quilt. Hmmm, very tricky! Can't wait to see the top quilt finished - that looks lovely :-)

Flying Blind... said...

Not only does that bloody woman (Brenda) swap all my money for fabric, now she is trying to make me use it!

I need to ponder my priorities!

Catherine said...

love the Bust yo scraps quilt - maybe something I can do someday!

Meg said...

Brenda and I were kvetching about the overfloweth-ing scrap bins last night, and when she told me about the scrappy quilt-along she was planning, I flipped! I'll be right there with you--I'm even spending the holiday weekend sorting my scraps!

Katy Cameron said...

Heh, tis the season for new QALs to pop up! Looking forward to seeing your finished articles :o)

Archie the wonder dog said...

Love your WIP scrap quilts and the QAL quilt is stunning...might have to check my newly organised boxes!

justabitfrayed said...

you rock! :D

Maureen T. said...

I haven't even started on my SVQ yet and now you've tempted me with yet another QAL!! ;-)

Lynn said...

Thanks for the linky, I'm in.

Freddie said...

I'm in. I need to make a quilt for the Aussie cousin. I think this will be just the thing for a three year old. I have scraps of the dresses my mum has made for her and her big sister. Alas big cousin is too mature (or so she tells me) for all that home made stuff.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive