Friday, 6 January 2012

look into my crystal ball

Kristen over at sew, mama, sew! asked me if I'd like to share my predictions for 2012. Um, yeh. Duh. Silly question.

You can check out what my crystal ball predicts and take a look back over 2011 and the highlights for me in the quilty world by clicking over to here. What are your predictions for 2012? And what stands out from 2011 for you?




pssst - also, in case you liked that giant star quilt I made the other day and fancied making something kinda similar but even more amazing...there's a quilt along happening from next week over here at Pins and Bobbins. Oops. I might have to join in. I was really peed off when Sarah didn't just give me her quilt at market. I mean, I helped her unpin it from her booth. I folded it up. It should have been mine. She calls herself a friend. I don't know. *sigh*

You can make this.....oooooh.....pretty, right? Plus there are 3 sizes, a 60" lap quilt, 80" mama quilt and a 90" papa quilt. Awwww. A family of patchwork stars. 

Sarah Fielke - lecien schoolhouse session

11 comments:

Amy said...

what a fun interview on sew mama sew!
And darn you for mentioning this quilt along, I have been trying to resist so many of them so that I could possibly finish up all my other UFOs.
I may not be able to resist this one, I am already thinking I may use my hope valley for it.

Kristen said...

I am enjoying the thoughts that many sewists are having for the year. Your hexagon quilt was hands down my favorite of the year! Still floored you liked my Single Girl! Thanks for the mention! :)

Katy Cameron said...

Great interview :o) I think I can resist this QAL at the moment, but I'm sure I'll just have to Pin it so I can revisit it later lol

Lisa said...

Oh! I am joining that quilt along. For sure. I adore that huge star! And I really enjoyed your Sew Mama Sew interview. Nice to hear your thoughts.

Within A Quarter Inch said...

Great interview! I so enjoy your blog and your writing style. I'm not certain how you get it all done but I think you would be smart to continue resisting pinterest.... not that I don't want to see your pins, of course!

Archie the wonder dog said...

Great interview! The big star is wonderful...

Flying Blind... said...

Great predictions Mistic Meg!
I signed up to the QAL already, and going for a charm square whopper size!!

Theresa said...

Hi Katy, I'm loving this big star...officially on the wish list. Just like your 'toasty' layout was a little while back. See the fruits of your labour here...http://sewandsews.blogspot.com/. Thank you for your inspiration!

Brighton Breezy Sarah said...

Great post Katy - I'm about to make the first giant star quilt(s) woot!

Ha ha my word verification is 'ballsi' !!

amandajean said...

thanks for the shout out about my upcoming book in your post on sew mama sew. i sooooo appreciated you saying such kind things. thanks a million! xo

happy new year to you!

(oh, and can you stop with all the quilt along goodness? i don't have enough time and it's KILLING me!!)

Chelsea said...

Thanks so much for linking to the quilt along! I've been so busy quilting that I almost missed posting about the start of it. Whooooops!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!