Monday, 27 February 2012

swoon along update

swoon along group progress
(click on the photo to find out photo credits)

More and more finished quilts and quilt tops are popping up in the flickr group now. As well as new blocks daily.  Not only new blocks but new piles of fabrics and new people signing up!

There has been a great deal of discussion on how to quilt the swoon quilt within the flickr group itself, some people opting for quilting each block before sashing, avoiding having to negotiate an 80" square quilt under a domestic sewing machine.

Angela Walters, who is quilting my swoon, has blogged about the many ways to quilt a swoon today with some really cool ideas on what you could do. If you don't read Angela's blog you should start - she's an incredibly talented quilter, and generous with how much of her process she shares. Monday's are part of her 'deciding what to quilt' series. Last week Lynne's tree quilt was featured. Honestly, I am pretty sure she just wants everyone in the world to love quilting as much she does and that is why she is so generous with her knowledge. (She also has a book coming out in June that will be a total must have).
What ideas do you have for quilting the swoon quilt?

9 comments:

Rosa said...

Katy, thank your for your link to Angela's blog. Tons of information and inspiration.
Quilting this beast do scare me, so all help is welcome :-)

Laura @ Needles, Pins and Baking Tins said...

Ashleys FMF one is probably my favourite of all of them! But I really love the solid paintbox one too :-)

Katy Cameron said...

Love seeing all these Swoons appearing. Although I've not leapt in yet, I might have to read about how to quilt one, you know, just in case it leaps into my basket one day... ;o)

Archie the wonder dog said...

All the Swoons are beautiful - it's been so much fun to see them popping up all over blog land! Have you seen this (baby) Swoon? http://www.thequiltedpineapple.com/2012/02/swooning-over-swoon.html
Thanks for the link to Angela's ideas, I'm going to bookmark it so that when I eventually make a Swoon I'll have lots of ideas to ponder!

Auntie Pami said...

I just had a quilt show and I mentioned the Swoon a Long to anyone who would listen! I'm not sure how I'm going to quilt mine since I'm making it with Christmas fabric (until my FMF arrives); probably just an all over.

sweet diesel designs said...

I have a lofty dream of hand quilting mine! I'm almost done and my daughter has spring break in 2 weeks plus my machine has to go in to be serviced...so I figure this might be the best time to practice my hand quilting. ;) Wish me luck! LOL!

Jessica said...

Thanks for including my swoon Katy! Those are great suggestions for how to quilt it, hand quilting would be spectacular, but I'm far too impatient for that on something this big! Thanks for hosting the Swoon-along :-)

**nicke... said...

i think anna's is my favorite so far next to my own of course. i loved the quilting on it!

Josie McRazie said...

I just posted my Swoon top today and am very afraid of putting this gynormo into my domestic machine! I have never doen a full sized quilt before and am quivering in my giant granny panties!!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!