Tuesday, 14 February 2012

a weekend of fun

I went down to Patch Fabrics on Saturday to teach a workshop. I love Claire's shop, and although this was only my second time teaching there it feels like a home from home. The 8 ladies that came to learn how to make a simple jelly roll quilt top were all so lovely. Some were completely new to sewing, some had been sewing for years but were new to quilting. Every single one I would love to hang out with on a regular basis. If it was a smidge closer I'd be down at their quilting club every single time.

Patch Fabrics

The ladies all steamed ahead and got stuck into their quilts.

jelly roll workshop at Patch

And they made me feel unbelievably welcome, which is always nice.

jelly roll workshop at Patch

Everyone managed to finish their rows and we had 2 completed quilt tops.

the walking quilted

Both so different but equally as beautiful.

Jelly Roll Workshop at Patch

I had such a fun day, it's great hanging out with so many lovely like minded folks and having a laugh at the same time.

I've got a couple of dates booked in for more workshops with Claire, so I'll keep you all posted on those.

There is also one last lonely place on my English Paper Piecing workshop this coming Sunday February 19th (at my house, near Wakefield in West Yorkshire). It's a full day from 10-3pm, with all materials and lunch included (and cake, tea, coffee, biccies) and costs £35. You don't need to bring anything - just your good self. The badly behaved dog has been banished for the day too, so it's just the fat cats that might bother you a little (but they're really quite nice, I promise). Email me if you're interested katyejones at hotmail dot com

16 comments:

Spoolhardy Girl said...

35 pounds and air fare to England. Priceless. See you on the 19th! (I wish!)

badlandsquilts said...

What line of fabric is the second quilt? Very pretty!

**nicke... said...

what a fun time! i am in desperate need of a sewing retreat!

Katy Cameron said...

Looks like a fun day all round :o)

Carla said...

Isn't teaching beginners fun? I get to do that the end of March : )

Flying Blind... said...

Now then, now then, didn't they do well xxx

Kathie said...

Very pretty I especially like the second top. Have fun Sunday, would love to be there, just a bit too far from me :-(

Archie the wonder dog said...

Looks like fun was had by all!!

Nanette Merrill said...

The fabrics are great. What a lovely time you must have had.

Catherine said...

glad you had a great day. I had the date booked in my diary, but was too late to book it as it was full, but definitely won't miss the next one!

Tracy said...

Oh what fun it looks like you had, sure wish I could have joined you. Wish I lived close by. I'm loving being able to join if only by the web "big sigh". I'm learning and enjoying it non the less. Happy sewing!

mascanlon said...

Looks like slot of fun. I do so enjoy a sewing day with my friends. I'd sign right up to come on Sunday but I don't have enough miles....this time!

Anonymous said...

Is there anyway of getting the pattern?

Annabella said...

...and you drank Yorkshire tea! Looks a great day and would love to do your paper piecing class...one day.

Jacey said...

I'm glad you're enjoying teaching! I'm sure you're a natural. It's so nice to spend a day with crafty peeps.

maria said...

Will definately try and make it next time. Have a great time Sunday.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!