Monday, 26 March 2012

de ja vu?

This is looking familiar.

velveteen giant star

Although it's not the same as the first giant star.

Not quite, anyway - this one is a little smaller at 68" square

But it still uses the same fabrics as before, Anna Maria Horner velveteens and a timeless treasures sketch in charcoal. (velveteens from here, here and here, you can get the sketch from here)

velveteen giant star

I bound it in silent cinema again, but a different colour. This time it's front row in blue. You can still buy silent cinema if you hunt for it on etsy, I'd really recommend it, it's one of those collections you might regret not owning after it's gone, I'm a little bit obsessed with it.
This has been living on my couch since I finished it, and I hadn't got round to taking photos, but it was such a lovely sunny day yesterday that I figured I had no excuses.

Quilt Deets -
Giant star using Anna Maria Horner velveteen (both LouLouthi and Innocent Crush), and Timeless Treasures Sketch in charcoal.
Finished size - 68" square
Pattern - Jeni's giant star tute
Quilted in a large flower pattern in hot pink thread by long armed Chris

This makes finished quilt number 4 of the year, which I'm pretty pleased about. I'm aiming for 12 - one a month. Let's see how I get on with that (I always have such great intentions at the start of the year!)

18 comments:

thatmoxiegirl said...

I love the deep dark colors! Jeni's giant star tute has been on my todo list for a whilw now. Awesone quilt!

Flying Blind... said...

Oh I likey x

Swedish Scrapper said...

Beautiful! I see what you mean about the silent cinema. The scale of it makes it really versatile and the colors are dreamy. Sigh... one more for my list ;)

Jess said...

Oh swoon. And thanks for making me want more silent cinema... I'm meant to be on a fabric diet...

Kristy QP said...

Love this! It's just gorgeous!

Judith said...

Really really gorgeous.

Sadie said...

It's lovely, bet its super soft and snugly too :-)

Michele said...

Gorgeous!

upstateLisa said...

very pretty and a pretty day too!

Kathie said...

Beautiful quilt and I had a look at silent cinema; thank goodness I'm on a spending limit, I can understand your obsession. Had a look at your finishes for the year too, aren't you including your swoon?

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love it!

Jennifer said...

wow, 1 a month definitely seems attainable - however its the end of march and i've done 1.. maybe i should strive for that.. hmm haha great quilt, love your color choices!

Chase said...

oh! I really like the dark background! The large prints are also really bright! I think I might use the pattern and make the wedding quilt for my friend who is getting marry this summer.

Miaou said...

That's beautiful - what a wonderful explosion of colour!

**nicke... said...

i am doing 1 a month too! i am on track so far! ;)

Cherie said...

Looks great! Love the colours! Hope the 1 a month goes to plan =D

Kirsten N said...

Beautiful! I am wanting to make a quilt for a friend who likes hot pink and black and this was a pattern I had in mind so it is nice to see how lovely it turned out in similar colours.

Katy Cameron said...

Oh I bet that's such a fab touchy feely quilt to snuggle under! Love the colour contrasts

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive