Friday, 16 March 2012

a perfect combination

swoon pillow

I shared this last week over on the Fat Quarterly blog as part of the designer challenge we've been doing using Ellen's new fabrics.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - I love these fabrics and I can't wait for them to start arriving in stores. Fat Quarter Shop has them as arriving in April - and they also have a selection of Moda Bella Solids that co-ordinate perfectly. You can find details here. And we all know how much I love the Swoon quilt, it just works so well in all fabrics.

swoon pillow

The pillow uses a 26" pillow form, it's the standard size swoon block with a little border. It's big, but I'm all for big pillows - they are way more useful than a little bitty one.

I'm teaching a class on the Swoon quilt down at Patch fabrics in Lowestoft on 5th May. (Camille gave me her permission, I asked first!), so if you have the pattern and still haven't joined in the swoonalong and are still confused by it (and you happen to be in the area!) book up and come!

11 comments:

Cynthia said...

Your pillow is beautiful! It is really original. I'm sure Camille is thrilled with your creativity. I am teaching a swoon class at a quilt shop on the same day :) I'd love to hear how you are going to teach the class. We should share our ideas with each other. Mine is a two part class, a month apart.

Kristen said...

Swoon, what a beautiful pillow.

Now I want to make some....oh honey, I need more fabric! Do you hear him running away? lol

Thanks for sharing that. It's awesome.

I'll be in spirit at your class. :D

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love the Swoon cushion - definitely a perfect combination! Have fun at your workshop, it's a little far for me to travel!

Lucy Loves Patchwork said...

Your cushion is beautiful!! I think I NEED to learn how to do this too...I want one for our bedroom. Do you have a tutorial online? Lowestoft is too far away x

Flying Blind... said...

I like it a lot (said, as always, in my Jim Carey Dumb & Dumber voice!) x

Unknown said...

This is OK. I think I could have dine it better. I am queen of the world. I like to make pillows with dryer lint and wallpaper payste. They are so cozy! Maybe you all can come to my house and try them out. But you'll hacve to sleep in the chicken coop. That's wear I keep my sewing machine. Have a Beautiful Day!

Buttons 'n Bows said...

Gorgeous cushion!

Sarah@PingsAndNeedles said...

oh Katy it's so beautiful ... this is such a gorgeous line ...

and I loved your strip piecing of the grannies ... genius idea ... I love the way your mind works all that stuff out for us .. thank you :)

Katy Cameron said...

Love how bright those fabrics are, oh, and also love great ways to repurpose blocks

Nicky said...

Still need to get started on Swoon ! Maybe next week!

@pril said...

I just discovered this blog and am really diggin' it! I featured this pillow on my blog: http://koolbeenz-blog.blogspot.com/2012/04/featured-quilter-im-ginger-monkey.html

Feel free to grab my featured button if you like.

@pril
KoolBeenz-blog.blogspot.com
For-the-Love-of-Pie.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive