Saturday, 24 March 2012

retro flowers quilt along


Retro Flowers Quilt

Do you love this quilt? Yeh, I do. I see it pop up all the time on Christina's intagram pics and I get a little twang of envy every time I see it.
Well, if you love it like I do then you could join in with the quilt along that's happening with these sweet gals, Megan and Bianca. I'm going to buy the pattern and I think I'll be a slow loris but I'll quilt along (gradually)

Hosts:



Participants MUST buy the pattern to quilt along, the hosts will not be giving templates or explicit pattern details in their posts. It is only $10!

Christina from The Sometimes Crafter will be giving away 5 patterns beginning on 3/21
Jill from Made on Main Street will be giving away 3 sets of acrylic templates beginning on 3/22

Prizes will be sponsored by Fat Quarter Shop!
There will be 2 giveaways each featuring a Jelly Roll of your choice!
There will be 3 grand prizes each featuring a $75 gift certificate to Fat Quarter Shop!
Guest Judges for the Grand Prizes include Rachel (Stitched in Color), Nova (A Cuppa and a Catch Up), and Christina (The Sometimes Crafter)

Schedule of posts
3/20: Welcome - Both
4/2: Templates/cutting - Bianca
4/9: Sewing curves - Megan
4/23: Piecing Blocks - Bianca
4/30: Piecing Quilt - Megan
5/7: Quilting by Machine - Bianca
5/14: Quilting by Hand - Megan
5/21: Thank you/Linky Party opens -Both
6/1: Deadline to link up


17 comments:

Marisa said...

Katy,
Why oh why did I start following your blog and end up wanting to quilt everything you quilt? I am swamped with projects that I am itchy to finish. Can I resist this quilt along? Maybe I'll sleep on it. Seriously. I may not be able to. Oh jeez. I'm weakening just a bit more while I type this. This quilt is awesome. Love your blog.

**nicke... said...

i love that pattern but the curves scare me a little...

Lexi said...

I don't think I need to say any more than Marisa. How on earth do you get everything done Katy? The quilt alongs have been fantastic this year and it seems so many are driven by you. Thanks for the inspiration, Lexi

Kelly said...

Oh I love this pattern and already have it stored on my computer, I just can't decide what fabric to use.

Flying Blind... said...

This one has my name on :)

Nicky said...

Darn it I think I'm going to have to stop reading your blog as like Marisa I want to do everything you flag up - Katy what help can you give a serial starter!?

Jess said...

Oh pied piper, you're playing me another tune...

Michele said...

It is really cool but since I'm already behind on quilts with deadlines and curves don't play nicely with me, I'll just watch all of you from the sidelines.

Laura @ Needles, Pins and Baking Tins said...

I've got my FMF ear marked for this. I think. If I can bring myself to cut it.

Ramona said...

I've got to agree with first post from Marissa! I've said I will not start any more new projects until I finish most of what I have going.

But this quilt is too cute. First time I've seen it I think. Thanks for sharing with us!

Josie McRazie said...

I agre with Katy.... you get me into so much trouble! :)

mascanlon said...

Argh...you are seriously a trouble maker! And heavens knows i always bite off way more than I can chew, I don't need any help. (hugs)

diane said...

I love this quilt and think I might have to QAL with my FMF!

sweet diesel designs said...

Katy....Thanks for the "shout-out!" This should be tons of fun! ;)

Mandalin said...

I'd love to do this, but with only 15 sleeps til take-off, I'll have to pass, dang!

Katie said...

I can't wait to get going on this one! I'm thinking I'll be all crazy n sh&% and hand piece this baby. Cos that's how I roll.....

Tina in Boston said...

Yes, I love this quilt! I purchased it and the templates last fall. I think I have all the fabric now. I suppose this is just the extra push I need to get going!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive