Thursday, 31 May 2012

almost set

I'm about to leave for the station and have my horrendously heavy suitcase, my sewing machine, a bag that is so full it's actually spilling out everywhere and completely impractical suede shoes on (it's raining)

I imagine I'll have laddered my tights by the time I reach London for the Fat Quarterly Retreat, but luckily I have until Friday evening (probably) before I see any retreat goers, so I can spruce myself up and make sure I look tidy again.

template 3

Just don't let me break a nail on the journey. (I am that much of a girl and my nails look ever so pretty).

Just in case any of my retreat friends are interested, I'll be bringing some template sets for both Spring Carnival and (NEW!!!) Hexy MF. They're £10 a set, and are limited in supply (because there's only so much I can carry), but they're there, so stop me and buy one if you like.

hexy MF template pic

I am so excited about seeing everyone, meeting new people, teaching, and everything else (including some late night drinking, I hope?)

Yesterday I got a really exciting email that I want to shout from the rooftops, but instead I'm going to keep as a secret until the retreat...but I think that's a good thing. It's always nice to have a surprise or 2 tucked up your sleeve.


23 comments:

Theresa said...

Was it from the Queen...? Has she cancelled celebrations to come to the retreat? I bet if she'd had her way, she would have! Have fun, wish the whole world could go!

nicolette at dutchcomfort said...

Have fun Katy! Wish I could come over there too!!

I’m enjoying working with your Spring Carnival templates and I love your hexagon quilt!

Archie the wonder dog said...

Have a wonderful time! I'll be keeping an eye on twitter...

Laura Taylor said...

See you sooooooon!!!

Danielle said...

Have an awesome time! Wish I was there!

Sarah Watson said...

I'm new to this quilting world, but so far I've heard a lot about gangsters and drinking. I am in.

mascanlon said...

oh I am so jealous but looking forward to the updates, guess I'll have to figure out Twitter on my new phone so I don't miss a word!

Cass said...

Have a great time, which I am sure you will

Catherine said...

see you on Saturday!!

elsy said...

have a wonderful time...regret not having taken the opportunity now....next year x

Mandalin said...

oh I do love a secret, especially one that sounds that good! See you soon!!

selfsewn said...

I am looking forward to hearing all about it, is it going to be repeated next year, because I know there are lots of us who couldnt make this year?

Two Wednesdays said...

have a fab time - wish I was coming, but I WILL get some sewing done this weekend whatever!

Danielle Weiss-Raichel said...

Have a FANTASTIC time Miss! I could only dream to cross to venture to London someday! Take lots of photos!!!! SOOOO looking forward to see what you had seen!!!

Trudi said...

Ooooh - see you very sooon! :D

Pippa Parsons said...

I was a bit worried, people talking about sewing in rooms, no talk about drinking :( a weekend without kids and dh, :)

Dayna at Precut Paradise said...

I absolutely LOVE that quilt!!!! Beautiful!!

Dayna at Precut Paradise said...

Oh, and I forgot....have a great time at your retreat! I wish I was in London so I could go too!

Flying Blind... said...

See you sooooon!

Cherie said...

It's been too funny hearing everyone's luggage issues. You all need to invest in some large trolley suitcases and Granny shopper trolleys =D

Katy Cameron said...

Lol, tease! See you there

CathyK said...

Have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

i think ryan may have spilt the beans! know wot i mean. Have fun.

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive