Wednesday, 30 May 2012

don't mess with my crew

I always thought it'd be cool to be a gang member, but without the whole violent shizzle and the street corner drug selling. I think I probably watched too many episodes of the wire. And fell a little too much in love with Stringer Bell. Hmm, from my nice, English, middle class neighbourhood where the worst thing that happens is my cat, Fatticus, doing his morning business on the neighbour's precious lawn (actually there was a really terrible and weird kinky murder in one of the houses on my street a few years ago - it was all kinds of exciting when that happened, ex-hooker kills boyfriend that was a heap of dodgy kinky stuff. Oh Em Gee - the TV and the papers were all over our neighbourhood, I used to pretend I was either the nanny or the cleaner - depending on what mood I was in at the time - to get rid of them. But that was only once, and nothing of that kind has happened since).

Fortunately the only street corner selling going on in the Art Gallery Fabrics Crew is phat quartas. Word.

Go check out the rest of my mareros* over on the Art Gallery blog. And make sure you follow us, because we have some sick* projects heading your way over the next 12 months (heck yes - I said 12 months!)








(*according to the urban dictionary means fellow gang members,
*according to the urban dictionary means really good)

18 comments:

Dolores said...

Stringer was hot but I had a soft spot for McNulty.

Nadine said...

We're watching the Wire at the moment, just through season 2 and that Stringer is hot. Love Bubbles though, probably my favorite character. I bet you make a great gang member, Katy, you bring style to the corner. can't wait to see what product you'll sling.

Charlotte said...

I usually pretend to be the cleaner when the Jehova's Witnesses come round. I am going to hell.

Tina Short said...

I tell people who call that I am the carer - it gets rid of unwanted callers so fast.... very funny,

Sarah said...

Awesome! Whats your Gangsta rap? Tissue paper and ribbon?

Johanna said...

Love the gang! That must have been quite a fun photo shoot! The names are great!

Katy Cameron said...

Aww, such a quiet, restrained neighbourhood... come live by me and you could really practice your gangsta skillz ;o)

Flying Blind... said...

That's one cool gang!

**nicke... said...

your the best! love it~!

Danielle Weiss-Raichel said...

LOL Silly Gal! Gave me a giggle this gloomy morning in Oregon! :) Ex hooker vs Boyfriend ...Geesh! I have a park in my backyard (I live in an apartment complex) The park is HUGE and is always full of people. The most exciting thing that happned one night was I had all the windows open at the beginning of May-it so happned to be 80*F! Thats hot for here! and I heard "Stop! Get down on the ground! i'm going to catch up with you and then i'm going to taze you!" LOL I couldn't help but laugh, there were about 5 cop cars and people running-it was past the curfew of 8Pm and apparently a drug deal or something went down, so my brother and I layed down belly down on the porch to look what was going on from under a huge tree in your little backyard-halarious- Unfortunate for the guy/gal that was caught though! and around the first months we moved in my car was "broken into" I left the doors unlocked- my rule is- if they want it that bad, then just take it, don't bust out a $300 window please! so, they took some change but left me change? a fake ring hanging in my window and left a 40oz of Old English booze by my back-tire, what criminal/thief does that? I giggle about it now, back then I was a bit annoyed Best wishes!

diane said...

this gang you're in...do you need a motherly type? What a fun group! I can't wait to see what you all have in store for us.

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

I'm so happy to be in this gang with you! It's going to be so fun!!

Cherie said...

Epic LOL! I've been to see all the members. All I could thing was HA! Over 20 somethings trying to be in a Gangsta Gang..too funny! =D

CathyK said...

Oh to the em to the gee!(OMG) This was funny! Can't wait!!! Thanks for the laugh!

Lee said...

LOL, "The Wire" made its way into my post too. Love that show! Happy to be in the gang with you!

Sheila said...

You guys are too funny with this gangsta business! I can't wait to see what you have in store for us. :)

upstateLisa said...

you could so pull of the whole gang memba thing! LOL.Love the photo over on Art Gallery blog!

Karen D said...

Love this fat quarter gang. How fun! I noticed in your about me section you are from Derbyshire. What town do you live in? I'll be over in Matlock in July. :)

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive