Tuesday, 29 May 2012

Prepping for the Fat Quarterly retreat

Things are busy here in Monkey Towers. It's only a skip and a jump away until the Fat Quarterly retreat, 4 more sleeps in fact. Although I am heading down on Thursday for no real reason other than I like to be early.

Next stop London!

I'm busy with making sure we have all of the prizes, all of the goodie bag goodies and all of the stuff we need - like jelly rolls for the jelly roll race, and fabrics for the iron (wo)man challenge. And my own class prep too - do not forget that, Katy. Do not forget. I've also been sewing some little gifts for my roomies using some of Laurie's new mini line for Kaufman. Next stop London - pretty appropriate, right?
Brioni and me loaded up her car tonight with boxes and boxes (and more boxes) of stuff. I'm not quite sure how she'll fit in the rest of the stuff, and herself, for the drive to London. I'm also very glad I'm going by train - there's not a cat's chance in hell I'd have fitted as well.


Fat Quarterly

So I think we're all set - and as the weekend creeps (speeds?) closer I am getting more and more excited. And a little nervous things will go horribly wrong, but mostly excited. Not to mention overwhelmed that so many people are coming and from so far away. Spending the weekend hanging out and sewing and chatting and meeting everyone is going to be amazing, it's the perfect way to spend the weekend.

27 comments:

Di said...

The excitement is infectious. See you there! Di x

Colleen said...

I wish I was there. Don't worry it will all be good. Plus you are meeting with a group that's used to ripping out mistakes and sewing on.

{Pink Stitches} said...

Roll on the weekend!! Look forward to meeting you at the retreat :)

Susan said...

What's a jelly roll race?

quilt happy said...

wish i could go

Katy Cameron said...

Oh, I may have to mug you for those selvedges with the wee cars on (oops, sorry, did I just say that out loud?!) Looking forward to seeing you on Friday (I assume you're coming shopping?!)

leanne said...

I'll be looking forward to seeing all the updates from the weekend - watching from the sidelines !

kelly said...

at first glance, i thought the blue tower on the right was a TARDIS and got all excited!

Rosa said...

I wish you lots and lots of laughter - and so wish I could come join you. Next year!

Sheila said...

I so wish that I was joining you in London this weekend...you're all going to have an awesome time! Maybe next year. ;)

mascanlon said...

So maybe next time I can convince my husband that London is NOT to far to go for a quilt retreat!

Sue Bone said...

Ony two sleeps until I leave. Safe journey and congratulations on being a gangsta.

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

Looking forward to meeting you Katy!!

Flying Blind... said...

Sooooooooooooo excited!
PS. are you bringing the glue?

Charlotte said...

still squealing. I'll probably be doing it all weekend :-D

Rafael's Mum said...

It will be great! See you there :-)

Amys Crafty Shenanigans said...

I'm so looking forward to meeting you!!! It's amazing how much we are all bringing - and all for just a little bit of sewing, as my husband said ;)

Clare said...

Oh I was I was going to be there. I'll have to start saving up for next year.

Sarah said...

too. excited. for. words...

Annabella said...

Don`t envy you having to get all that kit to London - safe journey and can`t wait to meet you!

Pippa Parsons said...

ohhh I feel sick with excitement now, even my kids seem excited that their having a mummy free weekend :(
It'll all go wonderfully well and if it doesn't well theres always the pub lol :O)
see you soon !!!

moira said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
moira said...

I met you briefly last year at the Festival of Quilts and got so excited I sent my 8 months old preggo BP sky high. A whole weekend.... oh my giddy aunt!

Kelly said...

Excited doesn't even come close and what could possibly go wrong ;-)

Rachel said...

I am so excited! Only 3 more sleeps!

Catherine said...

sooooo excited. and doing your class on saturday morning, so doubly excited!

amy smart said...

Oh, it will be brilliant. Good, good luck! And give my best to the queen while you're there!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive