Friday, 1 June 2012

Eclectic Maker



Eclectic Maker is an online-only store, based in the UK, that supplies designer fabrics, patterns, notions and tools for patchwork, quilting, dressmaking and craft.  I'll let them tell you a little about what they do....








Over to Simon from Eclectic Maker

We started trading nearly a year ago, setting out to provide an exciting alternative for the sewing community, with the freshest designs and whole fabric collections to choose from.  We have fabric ranges from internationally renowned designers as well as newcomers.  We supply our fabric in pre-cut fabric bundles for quilters, to take the hard work out of matching – these include fat quarters, charm packs layer cakes and jellyrolls.  We also supply continuous lengths for dressmaking and larger projects.  Our designer fabrics are complemented by an ever-expanding range of sewing patterns, haberdashery, notions and basics, including Vilene and Batting.





We believe in giving excellent customer service and take great pride in providing a quality service that our customers can appreciate - we are happy just to take a call or answer a query by e-mail if it results in a happy customer.  We offer a fast turn-around as standard and every purchase is backed up by our ‘no quibble’ returns policy.

In the future our goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for our customers, offering pretty well everything needed to complete a variety of sewing projects.  In a nutshell, we aspire to be ‘fabulous fabrics and more’.





We have recently introduced Moda’s Lucie Summers’ Summersville and Lily Ashbury’s Trade Winds to the shop, in Charm Packs, Jelly Rolls and Layer Cakes as well fat quarters, bundles and fabric by the length.  



They also sell freezer paper by the half metre - which is a really clever idea. I've had the same roll of freezer paper for nearly 3 years because I don't use it enough - it's not cheap stuff, buying it per project is ideal!

So, head on over to Eclectic Maker and check out their shop - I'm sure you won't be disappointed you did!



7 comments:

nicolette at dutchcomfort said...

I’ve ordered twice and I love to unpack their packages. The fat quarters are folded so beautifully! I prefer to buy in the UK, having less shipping costs and no risk on custom fees, even though the fabrics may be a little more expensive than in US online shops.

Flying Blind... said...

You think I have time for shopping - my bag won't pack itself!!!

Noas' Libellule said...

Already did and love their collection!

Cherie said...

I'm not allowed to with the fabric ban and all. I must not be tempted =D

Georgia said...

I love this shop, the fat quarters are folded and packed so beautifully and I do prefer being able to shop in the UK :)

Isisjem said...

I love shopping here too - In fact I must have found it just after they opened. I'd assumed they'd been around for years! And like the comment above says - LOVE the way they fold the fabric. Almost too nice to unfold and use. :-)

Sew Fi said...

Hey katy.. I'm new to blogland but addicted to quilting and sewing!! I'd love to go to FQR next year!! U did an amazing job! X

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive