Monday, 18 June 2012

what Katy did next

When I went down to London to visit Liberty and, Sholto, the designer of the Lifestyle cottons (that are out later this Summer (for UK/Europe) and Fall (for USA/Australia)  this August/September for everywhere) they were kind enough to give me some fabric to play with (read about my adventures here).

I couldn't wait to make something for me. me. me. Because I'm selfish like that. I did share them though (I'm quite generous really, occasionally at least) - I gave some to Lynne and some to Brioni. Lynne has already used hers, mixing the blues I gave her with prints from her stash. You can see it on her blog. It's pretty, pretty. And proves that you can mix those little Liberty prints with other fabrics no problemo. Maybe she'll give it to me? I doubt it. She's mean to me.

liberty constellation

I used some essex yarn dyed linen (in black) and the bright colours from bloomsbury gardens (the name of the Liberty collection) and made myself a single constellation block that I added a border to and turned into a pillow.

liberty constellation

It's rather large - 28" square. I've realised I don't much enjoy making smaller pillows, these big ones are great for leaning up against on the couch when watching TV. Small pillows get trapped in the small of my back and poke me and annoy me no end. Although I do like the look of them on my bed and for perching my bony little bum on when I'm sewing.

liberty constellation

Brenda at Pink Castle Fabrics has listed all of the prints she's ordered (that's all 55 of them!) for you look at and get email notifications when they're in stock. She is planning on doing FQ bundles as well, so you might want to keep an eye on her store. I know I am.

For those of you on twitter - follow @lib_lifestyle and on pinterest - lifestylelib
That way you'll never miss a trick, will you?


26 comments:

Annabellouise said...

Beautiful. Lucky you to have the tour AND get fabrics. I could spend ALL my money at Libertys in the fabrics department.

Linda said...

I can make very basic envelope style cushions but would love to learn how to make proper ones with zips and bindings like you do. Any chance of a Workshop sometime? Linda on travjonuk@yahoo.com

Kate said...

It is beautiful!

Collette said...

stunning!

Jess said...

Oh lovely! I 'accidentally' got my first piece of liberty fabric today (via eBay) and I'm afraid I'm a bit besotted. Can't wait to get me hands on their quilting range!

Isisjem said...

That is absolutely freakin' gorgeous!

Reene@Nellie's Niceties said...

Now that is gorgeous! I may even be tempted to buy some when they are released!

{Leila}Where the Orchids Grow said...

I was just browsing these over at Pinkcastle, I can't wait!!
Your cushion is fantastic Katy, love it!!

Sam said...

HELLO!!!!! I have cushion envy! That is absolutely stunning! By the way, please can you come and teach an English Paper Piecing class somewhere near me!! Maybe at The Eternal Maker please?! Thank you!

Archie the wonder dog said...

'Later this summer' can't come soon enough!!!

Mary said...

Beautiful! Liberty is so special. These are gorgeous prints!

SueB said...

Love the cushion. Can you tell me where you got the black linen from, it's hard to find in Uk and when I do find it the black is very dark whereas yours looks greyish and it's yours that I prefer! So please give me a clue.

dolores said...

Sholto sounds like a name for a genie and I guess that's correct...he is the Liberty Genie!:)

I don't like you very much right now....you sucked me in! I now have a stack of 4 inch squares and I'll be buying my hexy papers today at work...you meanie!;)

Leanne said...

I totally want these fabrics, look how wonderful your pillow is!

Flying Blind... said...

Thinking I would need the 28"er for my butt!
Not that I would put my derrière on that lovely liberty x

verykerryberry said...

It is so very Katy, opulent, dramatic, shiny and bright

Katy said...

Sue - m is for make and eternal maker have the black yarn dyed Essex linen in stock. It's a soft black.

Mermaid Sews said...

Gorgeous pillow!

aksherry said...

Your pillow is stunning!

Katy Cameron said...

Your constellation cushion is fab, but that Lynne, always so stingy ;o)

Cherie said...

That looks amazing! Love the block! Bigger pillows are definitely better =D

Kelly said...

Okay I admit to not loving the Liberty fabrics before I saw this - It is stunning Katy!!

CathyK said...

LOVE. IT.

**nicke... said...

beautiful! i love liberty! these prints are so great and i love what you did with them! xo

Fiona said...

Your stunning pillow just got the ultimate compliment. I was just reading your blog post when my 4 year old leant over and said 'what is that? I looks good I want one too'

So it got his admiration as well as mine!

Fi x

Debs @ Plainstitch said...

Argghh! More wanties! I thought I had purged this demon with the skyscraper high bundle of FMF I'm working my way through, then you have to throw in new (afordable) liberty at me? Someone save me from myself!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!