Friday, 6 July 2012

For Lauli-Pops

It's my friend Laura Jane's birthday this week, and although she's much, much younger than me, in my head we are about the same age. (She might see that somewhat differently).

Any-hoo. Once a month or so, the Kitchen Quilt Guild meets up in Lynne's kitchen for coffee, cake, chat and not much else other than lounging around and showing off what we have been up to lately. I love my friends so much, they're brilliant. They really are brilliant, not just a bit ok, they're super super awesome, and the meet ups we have keep all of us on the brink of sanity (I say the brink because we're all a little bit barmy to be quite honest)

The rules are that when it's someone's birthday, they get presents, so we had all made Lauli-Pops presents. You can see her pretty damn good birthday haul on her blog and to be quite honest she got a bit spoiled actually, probably because she's the baby and we all mother her. And also because she's just so very loveable.

I made her a rather large pouch to carry all her stuff around. She knits, so I wanted it to be big enough for knitting, although I'm not sure it actually is that big, and she embroiders and she hand sews, so she needs a big pouch to hold all this stuff she does. We all need big pouches. I don't believe it's possible to have too many pouches, is it? (This pouch is on my list of must makes shortly - I love Noodlehead's stuff)

Awesome pouch from Katy - Gingermonkey

Laura likes buttons too, so on the back I embroidered (not very well, because I am rubbish at it) her name and stitched some candy coloured buttons on.

Awesome pouch from Katy - Gingermonkey

The sun shone all day long, we all ate too much cake, and it was quite the perfect day. *sigh* today it's raining, raining in Biblical proportions. I'm expecting the ark to float by any second now.

20 comments:

Sarah said...

Really sounds like you all had a blissful day!

Di said...

Sounds like a perfect day - sunshine, good friends, birthday cake and presents! Di x

Isisjem said...

Great pouch I admired it when I read 'Lauli Pops' blog post!

mascanlon said...

So cute, can I be in your group...lol? My friendship group does the same thing, and we all love spoiling the birthday girl because we know our time is coming too!

Flying Blind... said...

But is it big enough to hold a bottle!

Archie the wonder dog said...

It's a lovely pouch for a very lovely person!

verykerryberry said...

Such a great present, the black bias binding with its tiny print is especially cool.

Poppyprint said...

I really like the mandatory birthday presents rule of the KG. Makes me want even more to be a long-distance member. Sweet pouch!!!

Judith, Belfast said...

Fabulous monster pouch! You could fit a RIB in there for emergencies! Jxo

Cherie said...

The pouch is awesome! What is the finished size of it? =D

Lynn said...

OOooooh. Such fun. I wish I were in your group. Sigh. So lovely. I'm with Poppy print - do you have any long distance members?

Danielle said...

Did you pack some margarita making contents in there? Looks fab! I love the bound sides.

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

The pouch is gorgeous and the stitching looked great to me! So cute! I can't get over this rain, mad!

Dirt Road Quilter said...

What a truly lovely pouch! If she doesn't absolutely adore it (which she would be mad if she didn't) I am willing to change my name -cool name- so that it will have a home. :) I love the notebook fabric you used to embroider her name.

Kay said...

A great pouch. Love your hexagon flowers too. She is one lucky girl.

Katy Cameron said...

In my head you're far younger ;o) Loving the pouch anyway

Claire Jain said...

Such a cute pouch! I love your embroidery on the lined paper fabric :-)

Laura Taylor said...

I'm not entirely sure how I missed this (may have been the margarita happy hour on friday) but thank you (again). I love it. I am clearly the luckiest girl in the world. And your stitching is immense. Not crap at all. xxx

Kim said...

Awesome pouch - I think I may have to start knitting as an excuse to make a pouch. Or will that mean I just have an excuse to carry more stuff?
Raining here too, however managed a day in York yesterday with my husband and it didn't rain once. We even went to the quilt museum and he said he liked it. Hang on, maybe it was just a dream???

Jacey said...

I super love the Lauli Pops embroidery on the back, not to mention the nickname itself!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive