Saturday, 22 September 2012

what's new worldwide pussycat?

As I am going to be teaching this weekend and trekking from Suffolk back home to Yorkshire I've decided to condense this weekend's what's new posts into one.



Mama Said Sew is in stock now at Pink Castle fabrics. Just in case you have been incredibly busy since it was shown at spring market, Mama Said Sew is the new line by Basic Grey.(edit - it totally isn't is it? It's sweet water. That's what happens when you are having a text conversation about basic grey with your friend and writing a blogpost at the same time!) It has texty prints. Those texty prints are sexy texty prints and are essential for a happy and fulfilled life (that's a medically proven fact you know). I've got a bundle hoarded for safe keeping and emergencies.

Also in this week are the rest of the prints from Center City. Technically I'm on a ban from buying anything until I go to Sewing Summit next month, but Center City is excluded from that ban because rather like air and water it's a necessity. I'm treating myself to a big old stack of this lot. I just love it so much.

You can get 15%off anything in store using SPIN15 as a code on check out. Snap up those sexy texty prints before they sell out, because they will.

CHICOPEE CORDUROY!!! LOOK!!!! Oh I got shouty then. But seriously, can you imagine how lovely that feels? Annie at the Village Haberdashery has it in stock right this very minute, so go and buy it and make me a dress for the Autumn. Thank you.


Annie has also had a delivery of Indie by Art Gallery Fabrics. If you're not familiar with Art Gallery fabrics I urge you to try them out, they are beautiful. The quality is amazing, the drape great for dressmaking, but they also work brilliantly for quilts and regular sewing.


Cuzco pre-cuts are in now at Fat Quarter shop, with yardage to follow in the next month.

I made a pillow using some Cuzco that Kate Spain sent me, and I have to say it's her best collection yet.

it's a biggie

Another newly in stock pre-cut is Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille. Again, this is the best collection yet. The addition of orange adds something awesome.

Backstitch has put quite a few prints on clearance, so grab a bargain while you can!

M is for Make has been closed this week due to a family bereavement, but should be open again at the weekend. There are lots of new treats in store though, so keep an eye out for them and until you can spend your pennies check out the blog for pretty pictures.


Lola Pink Fabrics have a fabulous selection of new lines in the sale section. Domestic shipping (US) is never more than $5. Check out their perks plus section to find out what kinds of great deals you can pick up from these lovely ladies.

Justine at Simply Solids is working on her new site, but she is now on twitter so follow her @simplysolids and if you are looking for a kona colour card with the new kona colours in as well, she's your girl. She has them in stock now at £18 - just give her a shout and she'll sort you out.

Becca at Sew Me A Song has had LOADS of new Yuwa prints in this week with more arriving shortly. There are some great bolt end bargains to be had as well, you can pick up some real treats in that section if you keep an eye on it.

Speaking of bargains, Peg at Sew Fresh fabrics has a massive sale section with new items added this week. I have snapped up the backing for my new scrap vomit quilt from this section, as soon as it arrives I'll show you. I love a bargain!

Another quick mention - I have Spinning Stars Templates back in stock now. I don't have many, and I won't be ordering any more until I get home from Sewing Summit at the very earliest, so if you want some get them now. They really do make a difference to cutting your fabrics for the spinning stars pattern.





7 comments:

Tiara said...

I agree with you Center City is like air. I'm trying to control myself by not buying them but I find myself pulling them up on the internet to imagine the project possibilities!

Cathy said...

Isn't sew mama sew a sweetwater line?

Amira Ameruddin said...

I love the look of that pillow you made. And the bright colours from Kate Spain matched with plain kona or linen looks fabulous!!!

Anne said...

What Cathy said, Mama Said Sew is by Sweetwater, not Basic Grey. :) Also I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets it confused with Sew Mama Sew. lol

Gertie Pye said...

I am in love with Chicopee corduroy - going to make an A-Line skirt out of one of them. Choices, choices ...

heart of charnwood said...

must...not... buy...any...more...fabric...must...resist! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Why do I torture myself reading this every week???? Ange.

Archie the wonder dog said...

I love the look of Cuzco - I'll be keeping an eye out for a charm pack!! Have a great time in Suffolk!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive