Saturday, 26 January 2013

what's new, American pussycat?

Thank you for all the amazing comments on my news yesterday - you make my heart swell!!!!
Yesterday was an amazing day. I shared my book news with you and my incredibly sneaky friends organised a surprise meet up with one of my absolute best friends in the whole wide world.

I have the best friends in the world ever.

John is like my big brother, he's amazing (and if you've met him you'll agree with me). He'd come over to London for a couple of days on a detour from his business trip to Germany and I wasn't able to get down to meet up with him (which was heartbreaking). Justine orchestrated a secret meeting and we spent 5 hours together laughing and chatting and hanging out  - me, John, Laura, Justine, Brioni and Sandy. It was the best day ever. I really didn't want to go home. Now I can't wait for July and the Fat Quarterly Retreat so we get to hang out all together again, and with the missing members of the crew from yesterday too, because Tacha, Lynne, Mandy and Lu were sorely missed.

So onto Fabric News.

The postal prices increase on Monday, so today is probably your last day for getting things at the old prices before the crazy price hike (US peeps - it affects you less, don't worry!). UK and Europe peeps - seriously, if there is anything you have been half interested in buying grab it now before the cost of a flat rate envelope rises to $25.

Breaking it down for you yard by yard - Brenda can fit 10 yards in a FRE, that's probably as much as you are ever going to get in one so the increase is around 80 cents per full priced yard. Which doesn't sound as bad, but if you're are only ordering a bundle or a smaller amount of yardage you're going to suffer more.

As an incentive to stock up, precuts and bundles are 25% off using the code BUNDLE25. That includes scrap packs too.

Loads of great blogger bundles too. I love this one of Audrie's.


Camp Stitchalot tickets are selling fast. For more details on the weekend and who will be there (me) check out the camp page.


Fat Quarter Shop have had an arrival of Posy by Aneela Hoey.

It's sugary sweet, girly and has a really nice set of co-ordinates and blenders



The new Lecien tiny prints are in stock too. These are just gorgeous. Small scale, kawaii, cute animals, fruits or flowers and either girly....


or boyish....


No-one does child prints as well as the Japanese.

Lola Pink Fabrics has Noteworthy by Sweetwater in stock. I wasn't sure about this collection at first, but the more I see it the more I like it. Especially the notebook print.



Another print that has grabbed me this week is this one from Kate Spain. The whole honey, honey collection is beautiful, but this print is my favourite of all. Shipping prices at Lola Pink are always lower than elsewhere - there isn't any mention of the increase, but I can't see them not increasing over the weekend. If in doubt, just shoot them a quick message.



Shipping prices have increased at Sew Me A Song already, in preparation for Monday.

There's a load of great value to be found in the sale section including this bundle of haystack prints from Madrona Road.



Sew Fresh Fabrics shipping will increase over this weekend, although most of their items are calculated with lower shipping taking in account you are ordering smaller amounts, such as a half yard here, a fat quarter there.

Architextures is in stock. I love this line. Love it so much.



Still lots of good deals in the specials section on both one yard and half yard cuts. That section is always a great place to find a great fabric at a really great price.

That's it from me for today. I'll be back with tomorrow's What's New, British Pussycat. Happy Saturday!









14 comments:

Danielle said...

So happy for you that you got to meet up with John. How lovely for you all! xxx

Mandalin said...

yay for Justine! Good friends are the best, sneaky good friends are even better! :D Roll on July!

Katy Cameron said...

Yay for sneaky friends!

Elsa said...

So nice of your friends to have a surprise meet up for you and with a very special friend makes it even better!
I was really sorry to hear about the postal rate hike. I participate in a swap and usually have a few international people in it. Not sure if I'll be able to afford it anymore. Darn it.

Annabelle said...

Love Love Love the notebook print. It's awesome.

Sunnybec said...

Congrats on your book, and poo to the postage! Aren't friends wonderful, looks like you had a fab day. We are coming over to the UK in April, first time for three years and I am so excited at seeing all my family and friends... can't wait. Hugs x

doodlebugmom said...

Love that Posy :)

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Congratulaitons on your quilt it the project book from Martingale. Indian Summer is amazing-it's the dots, love dots.

Anyway, the new lines of fabric here in your post are wonderful! Makes me want to leave the computer and go play with my fabric. Thanks for sharing the inspiration.

Lyn, USA

Flying Blind... said...

Hip hip hurray for the good times xxx

dolores said...

Hahaha! I saw on John's blog he had been to London and the first thing I thought of was you!:) So glad he could be there to give you a hug and vice verse!

Congrats girlie....so you promise you'll still talk to us from your tall tower of success? Yeah....I know you will! xo

the running chicken quilting said...

With the increase in shipping costs it is time to celebrate and use your local online stores...we have to survive the increases too!!! So be Eco friendly and kind to us fabric retailers in ole Blighty and buy from the UK!!! Congrats on your book by the way....

mascanlon said...

Nothing like friends and it looks like you just a ball. As for me, I can stay away a few days from the enticing things you offer this week. Helping my friend Julie (yes, that Jaybird Julie) in her booth at Road to CA. Love demo'ing her new ruler and BOM and seeing all her fans!

Beatrice said...

Hi, thanks for the heads up on postage. Beatrice.

Tacha said...

Soooooo lovely to see a photo of you guys all together (but extremely jealous I didn't make it over!!!!)

Roll on July... xxx Tacha

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive