Sunday, 3 March 2013

this weekend

For the first time in ages and ages the sun is all shiny and it actually feels like Spring might be on it's way.

Today as I'm writing this it's Saturday (although this post won't go live until Sunday!) the teenager is working at her Saturday job, Ginge is playing at one of the neighbour's houses and I've cleaned the house. Because I've cleaned I really don't want to get my sewing machine and rotary cutter and everything out and make a big mess (especially because Sunday I've got 3 ladies coming over to learn english paper piecing). Instead of making a big old mess, I'm making a little mess and sewing this block.

If you're going to the Fat Quarterly Retreat in the summer, this is one of the classes I'll be teaching (classes and sign ups haven't been announced yet, I'm just letting you know early, because I'm sneaky).

Weekend fun

I'm having a lovely time. I hope you're having a lovely weekend too!

16 comments:

Teresa said...

Cool! I'm ging for the first time this year - perhaps I can sneak to the head of the queue - love this block!
The shiney yellow thing hasn't put an appearance in in Wales yet today

ScissorsandThread said...

Lovely block - hope your teaching goes well today.

Archie the wonder dog said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend, apart from the cleaning! I hope everyone has a lovely time EPPing today!

Katy Cameron said...

Super sneaky recruiting early there! Have fun in your class today.

jill haug said...

Loving the look of this block. I'll be at the retreat this year so the 'advanced advertising' is working on me! Im keen to try paper piecing.
I've just started following your blog and I'm new to the blogging community myself just having started my own blog at http://thenocturnalstitcher.blogspot.co.uk but I've alot to learn ��

mascanlon said...

I was teaching my sil English Paper Piecing yesterday! well to be more accurate you were since I was using your tutorial for Hexy MF. It went well and she is headed back to Chicago with a little project to get started. Thanks for the great directions and have fun with your group today Katy.

Carla said...

I've done EPP for about 12 years and still love it! Enjoy sharing your skill with the ladies ; )

Nicky said...

I find myself being envious of people I don't even know! But maybe it will be me in July!

Maybe quilting cord tomorrow!

Flying Blind... said...

Lovely block; sign me up!!

Di said...

Is sewing mess real mess? Very nice block - add my name to the sign up! Di x

Trudi said...

Hope you had a great day! Love that block!

Mandalin said...

Beautiful epp, I really need to know how you get 6 triangles to meet so neatly, (unashamed hint, hint)! Glad someone has that shiny, yellow whatsit, we haven't seen it for a week now!!!

calicocat41.com said...

Looks like fun! Can't wait to see it grow!

Sonia said...

This is such a lovely block Katy! I got my FQ ticket last week (soooo excited!) - can't wait for the class schedule to be released :) x

Sarah said...

Roll on July!! I'm definitely interested in signing up for this one x

Elsa said...

Love this block ~ it's so pretty.
We had a cold weekend tho that's pretty typical for Portland. This morning it's 29 degrees (according to my computer) but I've seen signs of spring ~ pretty bulbs sprouting up to flowers and the birds are getting quite vocal ~ I'm ready for a bit of sunshine!

Post a Comment

I try to reply to comments as often as I can. Sometimes my life gets a bit too busy but please know I really appreciate each and every one!

Blog Archive